Night jumping via Skydive Dubai

Over the years, skydiving is something that has always piqued my interest, although I really can't see myself trying this anytime soon, day or night.

Nevertheless, Dubai itself is great to fly around in, whether or not you stay in the plane or not...;)

The plane here is Aerosoft's Twin Otter Extended.

The Skydive Dubai texture is courtesy of Hani Michal.

An excellent texture, and very well done for this aircraft. Kudos...:cool:

The scenery is FlyTampa: Dubai Rebooted. Even with my autogen sliders cranked back somewhat, it's still very impressive scenery imo.

skydivedubai 1.jpg

skydivedubai 2.jpg

skydivedubai 3.jpg

skydivedubai 4.jpg

skydivedubai 5.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

my flight simming system: Windows 10 CyberPower PC i5 6600k 3.5 gHz, Gigabyte NVidia GTX 970 graphics, with FSX, FSXSE and P3D all installed side-by-side on a Crucial 525 SSD. Dual monitors, with a Saitek X52 joystick w/ rudder pedals for controls. It's all powered by a Thermaltake TR2 Gold 700W power supply sitting in a Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 case.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks gents!

my flight simming system: Windows 10 CyberPower PC i5 6600k 3.5 gHz, Gigabyte NVidia GTX 970 graphics, with FSX, FSXSE and P3D all installed side-by-side on a Crucial 525 SSD. Dual monitors, with a Saitek X52 joystick w/ rudder pedals for controls. It's all powered by a Thermaltake TR2 Gold 700W power supply sitting in a Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 case.

A fine series of night pics. although I couldn't detect the skydivers. :cool: :cool: :)

Yes, they exited over the desert, before I started snapping the pics :) as how they do it in real life.

It'd be nice if this plane did have droppable parachuters though. Maybe Aerosoft can include them in their next update...

Besides that, I don't think the citizenry of Dubai would appreciate me dropping peeps on top of their hi-rises there -although it would be kind of funny.

(That is, funny for me, but not funny for the poor jumper who just happens to get stuck on a spire or the occasional antenna ... :D )

Fantastic Night shots Steve!! :) Can't see jumping out of a perfectly good airplane! :D

Thanks adam!

Good point about a perfectly good airplane though -especially one that comes with a blond, blue-eyed female co-pilot :cool:

skydubai female copilot.jpg

the scenery does indeed look great, nice shots! would love to see some daytime shots too!

Thanks Phil, and,

as you wish -sort of :rolleyes::D

I used Tom Weiss' white Frontier texture instead of flying during daylight hours.

I'm not a big fan of daytime flying, mostly I like flying around dusk (in between day and night;)), no matter what the plane of choice.

frontier1.jpg

frontier2.jpg

frontier3.jpg

frontier4.jpg

frontier5.jpg

Archived