traffic 360 settings

I don't know the answer to your OP but.........................

Firstly, you can use the options in Traffic 360 to only load military flightplans.

However the Traffic 360 flightplans provided are very generic and by themselves will not provide the traffic levels suitable for Nellis, or indeed other mil airfields.

Take a look at http://www.militaryaiworks.com/ and http://www.owlsnest.eu/.

The first link takes you to the MAIW site that has over 200 military AI packages, some that use customised basic AFCADs whilst others have a fully customised scenery package. Whilst aimed at FS2004 they work well in FSX but only after the Flightplans have been converted to FSX format. The scenery also works well although some files included are not used by FSX and may cause problems if installed. There is also a known problem where the canopies/cockpit windows of 2004 AI models do not display correctly in FSX (they look grey not clear) but there are a large number of fixed models, as well as repaints, available on this website - search for MAIW using advanced search.

The second link is for the Owls Nest website. This site also list the complete MAIW packages available but also has a great guide on how to install the packages into FSX, and tools to convert the flightplans. The site also has links to other Military AI providers.

I use MAIW packages to provide most of my military AI and Traffic 360 for civil traffic with airline traffic slider set at 85 and GA at 40 and get plenty of mil traffic, inclduding at Nellis (using the MAIW nellis package which has a great custom scenery package). it should be noted that MAIW nellis package, on its on, will provide a reasonable amount of traffic. Other MAIW packages will also have flights to Nellis within their individual flightplans.

A final note on using 360 with MAIW (or indeed with any scenery addon) - sometimes it can cause conflicts, as I have found some parking problems such as AI double parking at a spot or following a taxi route where no taxiway exists. This problem is easily sorted though..... as a matter of course, when I install a addon scenery package, irrespective of its origin, I delete/backup the corresponding Traffic 360 airport AFCAD (all found in the Traffic 360 AirportFacilities FOLDER). The 360 AI will simply follow the parking plan of the new scenery layout. NOTE that the bulk of the Traffic 360 AFCADS appear to be based on default FSX Stock airports AFCADS or, in some cases especially military bases, on their own basic update - these can be distinguished by the 360 naming convention - stock APs are by ICAOs (eg EGLL) whilst their own are by dummy ICAOs (eg JFLL).

Regards

Brian

Further to my last post...........

Also look at the dedicated 360 forum page at http://www.justflight.com/forum - I seem to remember (but not 100% sure) that some of the 360 flight plans files can be opened in a text editor, such as notepad, to make simple changes such as deleting military airfield designators from civilian aircraft entries.

Regards

Brian

Having just read the review of the Whiteman AFB scenery by TeamSDB - link on this sites' homepage - it would seem that the answer to your OP is the Airline Traffic slider. The review authors states that the instructions contained in the TeamSDB package recommends that the Airline Traffic Slider be set at 100 to be able to view all of the AI included in the package.

Regards

Brian

Archived