Cannot Save or Load in P3D

al70

Hi

Have upgraded to P3D 2.5 from FSX. Everything works wonderfully except every time I try to Save a flight or Load a flight from the Menu Bar, I get error "Program error, program closing" and the app closes. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Did you ask about this in the LM forums? They may be able to help better there. One thing you might try though is uninstalling P3D (follow the instructions on the LM site) and reinstalling it, possibly something went wrong with the install (it can't hurt to try...well other than lost time).

Kennith Dickerson of Delta Virtual Airlines found a way to solve problem. Here is how to correct that. Go to your P3D aircraft files and look into each of the aircraft.cfg files. What you are looking for is where an incomplete add on livery has been placed. The part where it starts:

[fltsim.0]

title=Airbus A321 Paint2

sim=Airbus_A321

model=

panel=

sound

Then you may see at the end where someone placed:

[fltsim.xx] (where xx is a number)

[fltsim.xx]

But not other information, as if they were place holders for new additions in the future.

ERASE THEM!

P3D does not like them, you can neither save or open a file as long as they are in place. DVA aircraft are notorious for having those. Payware not so much unless you did not completely edit out some aircraft you did not want.

In addition if you find an aircraft folder that is empty delete the folder.

After I followed these procedures, the SAVE & LOAD functions worked perfectly.

Al70 - thanx for following up and posting the fix. I'm sure it will help others with the same issue.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

• 1 year later...

Archived