Where does the U.S Navy conduct carrier ops?

Hey,

Just a quick question, where does the U.S Navy conduct there carrier qualifications for student aviators?

Or is it just San Diego?

Thanks,

HD

System specs: AMD FTX 6300 six core processor 3.5 GHz, Video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB on board,

Windows 8.1 64 bit and 1 TB on hard drive.

"Where does the U.S Navy conduct carrier ops?"

Anywhere it wants to!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

San Diego, Jacksonville FLA., I think Corpus Christi, and Virginia Beach. MAYbe North Island.

But don't forget, That's just their final excersize, as it were. They do dozens, hundreds of FCLPs, and then and only then do they do their boat quals. 5 day and 5 night recoveries and launches. And that's just to get their "Wings of Gold" as it were. They don't want them anywhere near a boat until they're fairly sure they can recover on one safely. The boat is a very expensive place to learn a pilot can't land properly. A lot of money goes into a carrier, as well as an awful lot of people that would be hurt or killed by a flight deck crash.

Then the fastmover pilots go to FRTS to start learning the F/A-18. Once they have BFM down, they start in on the FCLPs, again. Over and over and over. The slow movers (E-3's, COD, and so on) split off there I think. I'm not exactly sure where the rotor-heads split off.

And all this is after OCS, Naval Aviator Selection Process, and so on.

Hope all this helps a little bit...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

San Diego, Jacksonville FLA., I think Corpus Christi, and Virginia Beach. MAYbe North Island.

But don't forget, That's just their final excersize, as it were. They do dozens, hundreds of FCLPs, and then and only then do they do their boat quals. 5 day and 5 night recoveries and launches. And that's just to get their "Wings of Gold" as it were. They don't want them anywhere near a boat until they're fairly sure they can recover on one safely. The boat is a very expensive place to learn a pilot can't land properly. A lot of money goes into a carrier, as well as an awful lot of people that would be hurt or killed by a flight deck crash.

Then the fastmover pilots go to FRTS to start learning the F/A-18. Once they have BFM down, they start in on the FCLPs, again. Over and over and over. The slow movers (E-3's, COD, and so on) split off there I think. I'm not exactly sure where the rotor-heads split off.

And all this is after OCS, Naval Aviator Selection Process, and so on.

Hope all this helps a little bit...

Pat☺

Thanks Pat, I was just currious. :cool:

System specs: AMD FTX 6300 six core processor 3.5 GHz, Video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB on board,

"Where does the U.S Navy conduct carrier ops?"

Anywhere it wants to!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

peace,

the Bean

Thats funny bean, I miss tiped the question sorry about that. ;)

Archived