QW 757 Advice

Hello all, I had a quick question to ask. I am on a tight budget, and I am looking for a new payware plane. I have always seen the QW 757 pop up in conversations, so I wanted to ask about it. I generally use price as a way to at least set my expectations for an aircraft, and $25 sounds kind of low. I am in to systems programming, and using the autopilot, and I would like to know how well this would fit into that mindset. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, including what might be a good alternative. (I have the MJC8 and Aerosoft A320)

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The CaptainSim 757 is a fantastic plane once you learn how to use it. There's more systems depth than the QW (or so I've heard, I don't own the QW 757), and the visuals are great. With the CS 757, there is one bug I'll warn you about, and it is that the Top of Descent point doesn't always appear, sometimes it does, and the supposed fixes don't work for me. It's not too much trouble, you can just descend without VNAV using the vertical speed hold.

Hope this helps

The CaptainSim 757 is a fantastic plane once you learn how to use it. There's more systems depth than the QW (or so I've heard, I don't own the QW 757), and the visuals are great. With the CS 757, there is one bug.

I have seen/heard about plenty of bugs on top of this one. Thank you for the suggestion though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The FMC is simplified on the QW 757 as are some of the systems. All is working of course, but considering the MJC Q400 and Aerosofts Airbus you may find it lacking a bit. I find the UI a little clumsy, most dials are +/- clickspots, mousewheel doesn't work. I use external controls, so I don't mind too much. But when you are used to the polished interface of the other two you may stumble at times.

Maybe keep your money now and wait until you can afford one of the PMDG's?

I have the QW 757, and am proud to say it is a legend of payware. It has middle-of-the-road systems (good FMC with cost index, SIDs + STARs, vnav, etc, mostly simulated electrical, etc), great looks, and it includes EVERY SINGLE MODEL of 757 ever (-200,-300s, special freighter, and package freighter each in both Pratt & Whittney and Rolls-Royce engines).

Meanwhile the CS only includes a couple versions and is more eye candy than systems, which are also middle of the road, and is more expensive.

QW also has a great support forum, which is more than CS can say. Buy the QW 757.

http://vnorthwest.com/lib/signatures/NWA3004.png

Great VA! Join me at http://www.vnorthwest.com :)

I love the QW 757. I agree with all that was said already, and I'll add FREE liveries are available. Also, there are voice packs available for specific airlines. (announcements and the like.)

I currently am addicted to the 757-300 in the Delta livery. Great for cross country flights.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Add me to the QW 757 fan club! The reason it's $25 is because after 4 years they dropped the price, and trust me you get PLENTY for that! As already mentioned, you get all variations including over 100 liveries, a lot are in HD, as well as 4 different cockpits models.

I have both the CS and QW 757's and as much as I like the CS, I havent touched it since getting the QW. I also have the others airliners, PMDG, IFly, CS and they have actually become hanger queens now. I have to force myself to fly anything other than the QW 757, trust me, go get it while the price is low!

BTW you can go the the QW website and download the manual, that might help you make a decision.

Thank you all for the advice. I think I might save up for a PMDG aircraft.

You need to be aware though that the PMDG will require more computer power to run well than the QW does. If processing power is a concern to you, you should preferrably get the 737 NGX over the 777, which is even hungrier.

The QW 146 collection could be an alternative. You get multiple incarnations of FMCs in the different models, the UI is way better than the 757s (for me, that is, I like it when the mousewheel works properly). You can fly the 146s pretty much by the book (I'm comparing it to that ITVV video DVD about the 146). In the same ball park is the Milviz 737 - classic yes, but nevertheless equipped with different versions of FMCs/autopilots if you like.

If you watch out for the Captainsim sales, you may pick up one of their offerings for about $10, but these sales are not widely announced. You can't go wrong at that price, no matter which model you pick up.

The iFly's are well respected too, but I don't own one of those.

I have both the CS 757 & the QW 757.

The Captain Sim exterior model is nicer than the QW version, but is also harder on PC resources.

I prefer the QW version, simply because it is less 'buggy' than the CS as it tends to better follow VNAV profiles and with all my scenery and other add-ons gives me better performance.

My two cents for what it is worth.

spacer.png

Archived