GPS 500 or GPS 295 Map Not Moving

vips23

Hi,

Been breaking my head on this issue.

All of a sudden, the default GPS 500 and also the A2A GPS 295 and the GNS400

does not show the Magenta Course line and the Map does not move and the

Aircraft symbol in it..

When I refresh the screen it Aircraft Symbol and the Course line position changes.

What could be the issue.. Any help.. Thanks

It sounds like your FSX settings may be to high and the moving map is not refreshing. Try lowering your FSX setting a notch or two to reduce resources and see if this resolves the issue.

Other than that, have you made any recent changes that may have caused this?

spacer.png

No..

It was working fine..

I have the issue with FSX:Steam.

The FSX Boxed my original works fine..

FYI: I have both installed on my PC..

It was working great...

I reduced the settings to very low and tried it won't work. The small aircraft icon and the magenta line comes up and disappears but when it's there it does not move.. I get the other details ok...

It sounds like your FSX settings may be to high and the moving map is not refreshing. Try lowering your FSX setting a notch or two to reduce resources and see if this resolves the issue.

Other than that, have you made any recent changes that may have caused this?

This can usually be solved by refreshing the GPS screen. Change the zoom or change modes to FP and back again. FSX was not designed for current computers and OS. Some things you have to work around.
2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

pvarn.

It worked great until few days ago in FSX Steam.. had no problems flying the Cessna 172..

With your suggestion, clicking back and forth works but it just gets the refreshed position of the aircraft on the magenta line.. it's ok..

The same works fine on FSX boxed version without any issues..

Both are installed on same PC of mine..

FSX Steam is the culprit..:) They need to fix it..

Thanks for your input though..appreciate it..

Vips

My Config in the FSX Boxed and Steam are exactly the same..

This can usually be solved by refreshing the GPS screen. Change the zoom or change modes to FP and back again. FSX was not designed for current computers and OS. Some things you have to work around.

Is there an official statement this is an SE bug? Others are reporting it?

My FSX boxed GPS map freezes once in a while (usually in a turn) so if what you are reporting is the same bug, then I would not blame it on SE. It does not happen often enough to warrant concern especially since it's so easy to get it updating again. Now if you are complaining about waypoint tracking although the map is updating, then that is something else. Your report is no longer clear to me if that is the case.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

My Config in the FSX Boxed and Steam are exactly the same..

Did you change the boxed too the Steam's settings, or vice versa? Steam has some tweaks to the cfg that the boxed version does not, but should. If you changed the Steam to the Boxed, that may be your trouble. Make sure your Steam version is as it was DL'ed. I use Steam, and I haven't a bit of trouble with it, other than an old, slow computer..

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Ok.. pavn,

I have been doing a lot of research on this via google etc..

Exactly it's the waypoint tracking.. with the aircraft and magenta line not moving with the flight in progress..

Here is the link at SE forum with similar issue..

http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/611696927925135989/#p2

I have tried everything there.. no luck..

Yep, like you said to click back and forth.. the screen with the aircraft symbol and the magenta track comes up with the updated position without any movement ( it's like refreshing the screen.) all the other details are active and updating. If the flight goes off track from the magenta course line I cannot see it aligning when I am turning the compass knob to align it. The aircraft symbol and the magenta line is Frozen into the Compass Rose which is moving..

No Problems with FSX boxed... it's the SE..

Hope this clarifies the issue.

Thanks..

Vips

Is there an official statement this is an SE bug? Others are reporting it?

My FSX boxed GPS map freezes once in a while (usually in a turn) so if what you are reporting is the same bug, then I would not blame it on SE. It does not happen often enough to warrant concern especially since it's so easy to get it updating again. Now if you are complaining about waypoint tracking although the map is updating, then that is something else. Your report is no longer clear to me if that is the case.

-Pv-

Nope,

I have uninstalled FSX Steam and reinstalled with it's own new config file..

Still having the same issue.. see my message to pavn..

THANK GOD the FSX Boxed is working fine... :)

Did you change the boxed too the Steam's settings, or vice versa? Steam has some tweaks to the cfg that the boxed version does not, but should. If you changed the Steam to the Boxed, that may be your trouble. Make sure your Steam version is as it was DL'ed. I use Steam, and I haven't a bit of trouble with it, other than an old, slow computer..

Pat☺

Archived