Add ons how to for FSX SE

Bobob22

Hi,

just wondering how to go about installing add ons like my just flight traffic pack and scenery packs to the fsx steam edition?

Also how dod you go about adding new aircraft to the game?

Many Thanks

Rob

Hi rob,

It never hurts to ask here regarding specific addons but but unless someone has the software you might get replies that send you off on a wild goose chase. If there is some confusion about compatibility or installation it's better to get info from where the software came from.

Regarding new aircraft that are freeware: There's generally a Readme included that provides instructions for installation but sometimes presupposes that you're familiar with adding aircraft. What's best to do in this situation is to ask here, specifying the exact file name and where it was downloaded from. I often come across posts with have questions regarding a particular aircraft that gets my interest and I'll download and install it just to check it out. It seems that others do likewise. This will often get you exactly the assistance you're looking for.

Jim F.

thanks for the quick reply JimF. The add on software i bought a while ago and was made for the original fsx cd. i wasn't sure if it was compatible with this version so i thought id check before installing it.

Thanks for the advice with the aircraft. Which you recommend for a boeing 757 series?

many thanks

Rob

Hi again,

Regarding the addon software there's a lot of things that come into play here. If FSX:SE is the only version installed the installer might install it to the proper location (from info in the register). If you have both the disc and Steam versions (or if you've ever had) that might cause the software to be installed incorrectly. I don't have that particular software so I can't say anything definitively.

As far as the 757, go to the library on this site or others and pick one that appeals to you. I recently re-installed FSX to a new SSD and don't currently have a 757 installed. Hopefully, others will see your request here and offer suggestions. Might be worthwhile to hold off searching until some recommendations appear here.

Jim F.

Archived