Microsoft Flight Simulator (Steam Edition) has stopped working

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62607.0, time stamp: 0x548b7186

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000001

Faulting process ID: 0xd9c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d06ad8eccc803d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report ID: 2c0936bc-d6cc-11e4-8327-6431502d96aa

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

When I start up FSX Steam Edition, it immediately crashes. Before, I had downloaded some sound packs for the 777 and installed them, and fired up FSX to test them. FSX won't work now. I doubt the sound packs are the problem, though.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62607.0, time stamp: 0x548b7186

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000001

Faulting process ID: 0xd9c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d06ad8eccc803d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report ID: 2c0936bc-d6cc-11e4-8327-6431502d96aa

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

When I start up FSX Steam Edition, it immediately crashes. Before, I had downloaded some sound packs for the 777 and installed them, and fired up FSX to test them. FSX won't work now. I doubt the sound packs are the problem, though.

Did you uninstall to find out what it is ?

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: When I start up FSX Steam Edition, it immediately crashes. Before, I had downloaded some sound packs for the 777 and installed them, and fired up FSX to test them. FSX won't work now. I doubt the sound packs are the problem, though.

Why do you say you doubt the sound packs are the problem. It would be the first thing to check. undo the install and test.

Apart from that, with faulting module: unknown, there is not much we can say. It could be anything.

Uninstall each addon one by one, testing after each removal, until the problem is gone.

Then reinstall them, again one at a time, and testing thoroughly after each one. That way you can find the one that caused it.

EDIT: nevermind, I see you found it, well done! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to confirm and agree, any time a simmer gets faulting module unknown, 99.9% of the time, it's one of the last add-ons you installed. This is why it's very important to install only one add-on at a time and fly a lot between each install. Makes finding the culprit much faster. The idea many new users have that all add-ons are bullet proof just isn't true.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived