best PAYWARE AI program for FS9?

vride1

What is your Win operating system? Win 7 64 or 32, 8?

What is the error you are getting from the WOAI installer? Did you get the latest from?

http://www.world-of-ai.com/allpackages.php

You might have to click on the WOAI installer and set it to run as admin. If that works then reply and we'll show how to set up a shortcut that does it all for you.

Also the method you used to install FS makes a difference. just copying the FS folders does not set the path in the registry which WOAI make look for to find you various folders.

Check out your FS9 registry path with this free tool from flight1;

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

You might have to right click on the tool and select run as admin to have it have access to the registry.

Using UT 2007 (classic version for FS9) also adds a bunch of afcad files which might conflict with add-on scenery you already have installed. Every time I put in an add-on scenery I have to go where these afcads are installed and be sure to disable any conflicting ones.

I don't know about the other ones.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I downloaded the WOAI install folder onto a USB, then extracted the folder, and opened the application. I then selected a zipped folder, also on the usb, to install, with the destination folder set to "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004". Now, I installed my FS9 program into "Program Files", not "program Files x84" (or whatever its called)

Whatever I do, the AI aircraft just do not load up!! Once the installer finishes, it says either 'this application installed correctly"- it doesn't show any airplane however when I open FS9, or it sends an error message saying it want the program to quit. I tried this multiple times... ran as administrator, extracted to program files... Oh, it doesn't want me to do that, instead wants to be placed in user/ temporary files/ , installed from internet direct to computer, and every time I get the same result. Tried to delete everything & start again... doesn't let me. Says I already have the folder loaded, would I like to repair it, and then tells me the aircraft could not be found!!

very frustrated.

You need the extra security work around I described because FS9 is in the program files folder.

Install the WOAI app onto the same hard disk as FS9 in its own folder outside of program files. I do not recommend operating the installer itself off of a USB stick so drive letters can be consistent. Open that folder and read the installer.doc file which is a step by step guide to set up the installer. Get the latest .net file for the version described and install. W7 may require a different .net file, not sure. Create a shortcut to the WOAI installer with special properties as I described for the two properties windows.

Pay attention to how you set up the FS9 path if it is not automatically found as on page three.

Your downloaded zipped package files I recommend also go on the same hard disk in a convenient download folder. These can be removed after the package install goes well to recover space. Just browse to that folder to install a package and select the package zip to install. Check the package contents screen in the installer to see if all is OK and then proceed.

Now, you should be aware that many AI aircraft will not show up as user flyables on the FS select aircraft screen in case there is confusion here. That is a setting in the model .air file by the designer. That is because of performance gains by not encumbering AI models with panels and internal views that are not used for AI rendering in FS.

Just follow the screenshots in the Installer Documentation.doc file as to how to use the installer.

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Two quick questions if I may ask.

1) I use UT2007. Can I use WOAI along with UT2007?

2) Ronzie stated that he sometimes has duplicate AFCAD's. Which one do you delete? The one from UT or the scenery you are adding?

If you are using Ultimate Traffic for FS9, you can use WOAI in addition. Just remember to un-assign the aircraft in UT for the airline concerned.

UT installs lots of AFCADS which are better than the default FS9 AFCADS, but they only apply o the default scenery. If you have added a new scenery you will need to use the AFCAD that was supplied with that scenery. If you try to use the UT AFCAD you will get problems.

UT 2007 afcads are installed in:

\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\scenery

and are .bgl files starting with F1UT_

I also create another folder under the above that is not in the scenery library called UT_AFCAD_holds. I move the F1UT_ files in there that I wish to disable when there are conflicts with other add-on scenery.

In add-on scenery you install for a single airport there may be more than one afcad type .bgl file in its scenery folder. This is the case where a work around requires overlay afcads to perform specific property tasks sometimes dealing with navaids, runway renumbering, etc. The priority of the multiple afd type files in the same folder is determined by alphabetical order including case difference where the last one read in has priority so priority is effectively in reverse alphabetical order.

If an updated afd class file (AF_2, ADE, or AFX usual labels) is for a specific add-on scenery then you might change the extension of the appropriate file in that folder to .bgh to make the "old" one ineffective as you place the new one in there.

Normally except in the overlay situation there should be only one (add-on) afd type file for each airport. If there are duplicates and the airport reference point is different between them it can cause FS9 to crash.

A popular utility here include scanafd.zip in the library here.

A more complex utility just updated is:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

from the designer of ADE. It excludes (properly) default airports and takes into account scenery lib priorities as well when multiple afd files are in the same scenery folder. It was created for scenery designers but gives very thorough results. It will first list all installed afd type files and then you click the option to list only duplicates. Again, in some cases more then one afd type file in the same scenery folder of an add-on airport may have been intended by the designer. Be sure to check out the read me documentation.

It should be noted that af or afd type scenery files can be named anything (do not require (AF2_, ADE, AFX_) in the file name because in the .bgl code they have a tag that indicates the airport facilities information is in that .bgl.

More than you wanted to know but might offer conflict resolution tools for you should they exist.

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived