Paul Scarratt 737ng panel query

HoratioWondersocks

Hello All

Couple of questions about this panel.

I have used Paul's panel for many years now ,but a couple of queries...

The landing lights have these labels under the switches.....left on right fixed.And left on right retractable.

I have always just selected all four switches on for takeoff and landing and left it at that.

But was wondering what those two choices are and should I select one or the other?

My other query.

Sometimes after I have started engines ,got everything up and running, avionics on generators on ,autopilot armed with relevant alt ,heading etc etc etc I will be taxiing for take off when I notice the flight director has turned itself of and the autopilot has also turned off ,and nothing I do can get them to function again.I have to reload the aircraft and go through the startup procedure once again and then all seems to work correctly.

As I say ,I have used this panel for years and i am not a novice.These problems are a fairly new occurrence.

Any thoughts please?

Cheers Andy

The NGs have 2 sets of landing lights, 1 in the wing root and another in little pods that extend/retract from the bottom of the fuselage.

How those switches will operate depends on the model being used.

Not sure what to tell you about the AP, sounds like the battery is going dead. And yes, I did see that you wrote that you turned on the generators.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

The NGs have 2 sets of landing lights, 1 in the wing root and another in little pods that extend/retract from the bottom of the fuselage.

How those switches will operate depends on the model being used.

Not sure what to tell you about the AP, sounds like the battery is going dead. And yes, I did see that you wrote that you turned on the generators.

peace,

the Bean

OK

Thanks Bean for the lights info.

As to the other problem it is a puzzle.

Couldn't be something to do with apu ?

Once I have the engines started and generators turned of ,I turn of the apu generators ,the apu bleed ,and the apu itself.Does that sound right?

As I say have had this nice panel for years ,and only recently have i experienced these unusual problems.

Anyways cheers to you.

Andy

OK

Once I have the engines started and generators turned of ,I turn of the apu generators

Andy

I assume you mean "once i have engines started and generators turned ON"......

The act of turning on the engine generators automatically turns off apu generators. There is no need to turn them off. Are you sure you are not actually reconnecting the apu generator ?

OK

Once I have the engines started and generators turned of ,I turn of the apu generators

Andy

The act of turning on the engine generators automatically turns off apu generators. There is no need to turn them off. Are you sure you are not actually reconnecting the apu generator ?

Hello there

I am definitely not reconnecting the apu.

Once the engines are up and running I turn the 'normal' generators on.

I realise that this disconnects the apu generators but I still flip the the switches to the off position.

Anyway ,a mystery.

As I say have used this panel for years so not a novice.

Cheers Andy.

Just a comment to add that this panel is pretty intense, a lot of work went into it.

Wish I had more time to play with it.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived