Saitek X52 Pro

The Joy Stick on my X52 Pro has a little play on the twist like the handle could be loose on the shaft. Is this normal?? This not my first Saitek and I don't recall my previous ones to feel loose.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

• 2 weeks later...
I'm considering buying one of these: in the reviews I've read so far people call the springs somewhat weak but consistent through the entire range and no mention of complaints about the twist. I'll probably order one today (I don't want a hard sprung stick) so I'll let you know what I think in a few days about the rudder twist (important to me I can't use pedals) or if I find a mention of the twist action in reviews.

I think you will like their system. Just remember, they have a very good warranty program. For two years if something breaks or goes wrong just submit a ticket with them and send it back, they will replace it. I have returned mine several times over the years I am hard on it flying 24/7

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

It's supposed to get here Friday. Got to finish up my new build before then and install P3D. I'll be buzzing your home soon ;) (I live near Portola).

Good to know they stand behind it.

My favorite joystick was the original Logitech force feed back, but they greatly reduced the force in the second version :( and now FF joysticks seem to belong to history probably because they started making them so anemic people didn't know how great they could be, oh well. Maybe someday I'll build a set of pedals and a yoke I can use but until then I suspect this joystick will be good...I just imagine I've had my planes custom modified to replace the yoke with a joystick (I've even been know to replace aluminum with carbon fiber and have the engines customized for a bit more power ;) ). I also hope to use the x52 Pro in Kerbal Space Program because sometimes I like to get out of the atmosphere. Looking forward to getting back into flight simming missed it over the last few years.

`I haven't tried it out in game yet, but in the test panel the rotation z-axis is very responsive no dead zone no slop to speak of. I can twist it without effecting x or y axis in the slightest. It is a little bit stiff when twisted fully right is the only thing I notice (I could hear a slight noise from the spring the first couple of times). I suppose there is a very very slight play, maybe a fraction of a degree, barely noticeable, when you put your hand on it lightly but that's good I don't want it responding to very slight movements like that and once I take a firm grip it's unnoticeable.

Sounds about right. Mine works as you described. I like mine even though it is a little pricy

Mike G.

I just did my first flight in six years, have to say it does work quite well and didn't need to calibrate it--just plug and go. Flew from Reno to Nervino going IFF and managed to land without crashing so I guess old skills don't go away and the joystick helped. The price would be a little more acceptable if it was force feedback too, but overall I think it's going to be a good investment. Happy flying.

Oh and I'm impressed by P3D with my dual 4GB 770's I was able to get nice detail and smooth flying even before I OC my 5930K, albeit without any AI traffic yet.

Archived