New to P3D

alverthein

I have been a simmer for over 20 years and am not a techie by any means...but I finally decided about 2 days ago to download P3D and got the 2.5 and I don't really know all about that....but I started it and the clarification was amazing in my opinion and I had to relearn the menus of that sim...it is similar but different from FSX....So. I have for the past year or so.. only been flying PMDG stuff and I have tweaked and such and still I get the freeze on FSX for several minutes and then it starts again...Fine...but I am tired of that....SO......I am with P3D and just flew the Triple 7 from Dallas to Tucson with no freezes....yes I did save a couple of times and I have tweaked recent suggestions provided but I now am going to be with this sim P3D until it goes south... just thought I should post this as I am old school and not likely to be for change and new things...but .....right now...P3D is for me....al v

Welcome to the club! Resist the urge to apply all the old tweaks that worked in FSX. For the most part they are not needed.

If you fly the big iron like PMDG you might want to try one setting -

In your Prepar3d.cfg file you'll find a setting:

Optimize_Parts = 0

Change it to Optimize_Parts = 1

It changes the way the draw calls are used in complex aircraft and has provided a FPS increase in most situations.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Thanks and I added that yesterday but nothing else and thus far...it is running great with my ORBX and simmarket sceneries for P3D.....I fly the big iron only and detailed scenery at 30000 feet is not important just realism and ORBX does that for me....al v

• 1 month later...

He bought what he felt he was qualified for. You can do the same.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

he can't answer on his own?

To what purpose? It would NOT make a bit of difference in the product and only lead to more discussion as to which to buy, etc.

which leads to the thread getting closed - as this one is.

Vic

P3D Rig

Archived