Ground Poly / Exclude Water Poly: HELP WANTED

Guest supamonkey2000

Guest supamonkey2000

I am creating an island in FSX that wasn't there before, and I have come across a VERY annoying problem. I have a land class polygon that puts my ground down, and I also have an "exclude water poly" polygon. I'm not sure if I did this right, because it shows up like this:

image.jpg

This next picture is what I DO want to show up:

image.jpg

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

P.S. Sorry for posting so many things, I just want to have a wide knowledge of scenery design and this is the best place to do it.

Do you somehow think that posting in CAPITAL letters will make your post,,, more important? It's most likely to make it ignored.

There is this marvelous keystroke on your keyboard, the letter 'V'. That will allow you to put your digicam away...

For your problem, what is it? I see the game doing exactly what you told it to do. You excluded the water, so it's gone! Now we can wait until you realize it, but certain design actions cover a larger than expected area inside the game. Excluding water deals with a QMID 11 cell area. It's now up to you to go back and re-add the water to meet your needs.

Archived