GoCal - "California's Airline"

MrWilkoFS9

Hello everyone,

My name is Jack and I'm delighted to announce the arrival of GoCal. 2015 marks a big milestone for GoCal Virtual. As of yet, we do not have a certain opening date but we do hope to begin operations during April of this year. Now let me talk you through GoCal.

GoCal is a Californian based Virtual Airline. With a fleet of Embraer 190s and Bombardier Dash Q400s, we will expand to a fleet of Airbus aircraft in the near future. All though pilots must complete a flight within two weeks, our pilots then have the opportunity to fly whenever they please. GoCal Virtual operates out of three popular airports in California: San Jose, San Diego and LA/Ontario International. Like other Virtual Airlines, our pilots have the ability to fly either offline or online using VATSIM, IVAO and FSOpen.

Our website has been designed by Chase Morgan, a professional freelancer. His website can be found here: http://www.chasemorgan.co.

At this point (10/03/2015), we aren't releasing our website. We need to ensure the website is fully functional and ensure all the downloads are correct. Other tasks such as schedules are almost complete and need transferring to the website. We will update the forum threads every week to give you an insight into how we are doing and what we are doing.

Thanks for reading,

Jack Wilkinson | Vice CEO

gocallogo.png

• 1 month later...

Hey, guys, CEO James here with a few updates. We've made some changes to GoCal since this thread was posted, and I wanted to get anyone interested up to speed.

Firstly, we've shifted our hubs to KSAN, KLAX, and KSFO, the three largest airports in California, instead of the smaller secondary airports. We feel that the main airports in the region would better be able to handle operations as well as be more accessible.

We will also be beginning fleet operations with the Q400 and the Boeing 737-600 instead of the Q400 and the Embraer 190.

But, here's the big news - we have a definite launch date! GoCal will begin official operations on May 23rd, after being in development since January. We are not yet releasing the website since we need to finish polishing it, but we'll get it to you as soon as possible. We'll be accepting applications as soon as the 23rd comes! And to celebrate the announcement, here are some pics of some newly-painted aircraft in GoCal's official livery at Terminal 6 of KLAX, repainted by Fabio Stieß [ffabio2311@gmail.com]!

mvJ7fJJ.png

QGdKXDz.png

Here's hoping you'll be flying one of these sometime very soon!

CEO James here with a short update. It's been great to hear the very good reaction's we've been getting here, on our threads on other flight sim forums, and on our Facebook page. We're working hard to get to that May 23rd launch on-time.

In terms of repaints, the ones I posted earlier in this thread are for the PMDG 737 and Majestic Dash 8, both of which are payware and FSX-only. We're trying to look into models which would at the very least be FS9-compatible, and hopefully have those repaints by launch or at least shortly afterwards. I'm looking into getting the iFly 737 repainted, but I haven't found a good FS9 Dash 8 yet. If anyone has any suggestions for that, or any good freeware models with paintkits for either FSX or FS9, feel free to contact me at thompson_james@flygocal.com.

Also, our ACARS software (smartCARS 2) has been configured, and is ready for use once we're launched. We'll be launching with schedules entirely within the Western U.S., but we hope to start route expansion swiftly afterwards.

All we have to do is finish up polishing the website and setting up schedules, and we'll be good to go. We'll begin accepting applications one week from now, on May 23rd; I hope to see you then!

So, after being in development since January of this year, I'm pleased to announce that GoCal Virtual Airlines is officially open and accepting new applications! Find us at http://www.flygocal.com, we'd be happy to have you aboard!

Our official launch event is scheduled for June 13th, 2015, but feel free to start flying whenever you'd like. A few more heads-up:

• We've replaced the 737-600 with the 737-700. The 737-800 will soon be added to the fleet, hopefully within a month depending on how pilot recruitment goes!
  • Some features of the site still might be a bit glitchy, so inform us of any issues and we'll sort them out.
  • Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

It's been a long time since we've started up, and we're astounded by all the support we've been getting. Thanks to all of you for following us, and we'll see you in the skies!

Archived