Captainsim 732

alexzar14

Anyone familiar with this? I have a problem with climb control: the yellow knob on the AP panel which is responsible to climb/pitch does not do anything for me (I only had 1 flight so far). I rotate the knob up/down but the aircraft doesn't respond.

The AP and YD were on, other AP modes do function (HDG, NAV track, ALT hold etc... but the yellow pitch knob).

Sorry I'm not in front of my computer and have no access to the airplane right now so some terminology I used may be incorrect.

The Captain Sim 732 has no pitch control knob. Desired climb/descent rate is established by (gently) pulling/pushing the stick until the climb indicator shows (and holds) the desired result. This is done with pitch AP lever (the right one) engaged. Alt Hold disengaged of course. Once stabilized, you can let the stick go. It does require some practice.

The "yellow knob" controls the vertical position of the yellow Flight Director "reference wings" on the ADI, it no way controls the AP.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy176/buffalo2602/ScreenShot_20150310174517_zpsw2f2zdla.png

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Oh boy... and they say PMDG is difficult... -)))))

The workload with this one is such that you'll have steam coming off your nose and ears by the time you reach cruise altitude. Then the speed tends to run away above or below target. Regional props (J-41, Dash-8, CRJ) have no AT but they are easy to maintain speed within few knots deviations. I'd like to hope CS-737 has a good flight model so the problem I had is due to lack of experience only.

I assume MALVIZ would be easier to handle, but CS is waaaay prettier.

I have both in my hangar, but prefer the Milviz. Its flight model and systems fidelity seems closer to reality, and it has more useful options (like the gravel kit, and one can choose to have an early FMS in there too).

The CS is a bit prettier, but has its flaws (engines too powerful, systems not simulated in great depth, too many visual gadgets instead...)

When selecting the Sperry 77 AP, the Milviz is just the same "joy" handling the climb and descent. With the 177 AP selected it's more the modern "sit down and enjoy the view" style of flying. Both styles have their charms IMO, and Milviz offers the two.

For both the CS and Milviz, I recommend the "V-One Gauge" by Paul Tally.

It calculates flap and stab trim setting for the given T/O weight.

Fixes the overpowered engines as well.

Do a search on "V-One Gauge" or "Paul Tally" at Avsim.

There are versions for most of the other CS vintage airliners as well.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Yes, Paul has really done a great service for those of us with these old analog planes!

Once you get the CS732 figured out, it is not that bad. It is one of my favorites, along with the CS727 and the CSL1011.

Try flying the 737 on the Milton4 Star into KLGA with just Nav radios and ADF! Busy, busy, busy!

Or fly the "River Visual" into Reagan National in DC---that's a hoot.

I expected it to have that pitch/roll knob besides the autopilot, located on the pedestal on the 727. The device that looks like a hose-bib valve (big round knob that slides back and forth for pitch and rotates clock/counterclockwise for turn). That makes life somewhat easier.

But.. it doesn't have it, go figure ))))

As for V-One gage, sounds good. I was gonna use the weight/speed tables included, but it would be a bit difficult because I have no printer.

Coolsky MD-80 has that integrated into the sim, you click on it and the enlarged "scratch pad" pops up but that is disturbing too.

...Driving to work today I caught myself thinking: look I can't maintain a constant sped, it takes to push and release the pedal to maintain something close to say 55 (52-56 is the best I could do, given the road is level-straight with no hills). And that's in 2D plain. How do they do it in 3D space (in the air) I wonder...

Archived