Advice On X-Plane Custom Scenery Folder

LTCSZ

Hello: I have attached a screenshot of my X-Plane Custom Scenery folder...Would some of you please take a look at it and let me know if I have the order of file in the correct order? I have just been assuming that the program puts them in alphabetical order and that is how they are supposed to be arranged...If any corrections or improvements are needed I would appreciate your advice. Thanks a lot,

Steve

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.03.06_14h57m53s_001_.jpg

Hi,

the load order of custom scenery is based on a single configuration file text file called scenery_packs.ini in the Custom Scenery folder.

First packs in that file have highest priority. You can change priorities by re-ordering the .ini file in a text editor.

Custom overlay scenery (e.g. airports) should have highest priority, base meshes (like third party orthophoto scenery) should come last.

It's all explained in a lot more detail here http://www.x-plane.com/?article=changing-custom-scenery-load-order-in-x-plane-10

You should be OK, unless you installed new mesh scenery, in which case you might have to alter the scenery_packs.ini file.

Thanks for the advice...You mention that I can change the order of files around with a text editor...Would you mind explaining how to do that? Thanks again...

Hi there,

All you would need to do is open the scenery_packs.ini file (contained in your Custom Scenery folder) with an editor such as Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (OSX).

Once open, you can edit your scenery indexes to your liking:D.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Dom

Thanks for the reply...Will the .ini file be changed back again every time I start X-Plane, meaning that I will have to edit it again?

Only if it's deleted;).

Just remember that most airport sceneries like to sit at the top. They like to look down at the others:p

Cheers

Dom

Archived