FSX payware model with best ratio between price/"performance"

Overlord

Hello simmers.

I would like to ask you for help. I am looking for some pawayre model which has good quality, will work without problems and wont cost too much money. I don't really care which plane it will be but it should be Airbus or Boeing because I fly with commercial aircraft. Off course I prefer the heavies like 747, 777 or A340 but I know that these models are expensive.

I know that the PMDG makes probably the best payware models and off course for the highest prices. So I need your help and suggestions. My favourites so far are level-d 767 (55 USD) and Aerosoft Airbus A320/321 (40€).

So what is the best payware model for a reasonable price?

I would like to have weather radar in plane (not necessary) and functional fmc with the STAR and SID and of course I would like to have stable game with this payware model installed. So no crashing caused by bad piece of software.

Is level-d best payware under 60 USD? Is Aerosoft Airbus 320/320 best payware under 40€?

Thank you four your opinions and suggestions.

Aerosoft Airbus is superb and a lot of fun with the pilot/FO simulation. But it is an Airbus, so fly-by-wire-with-stick and a very high level of automation. Great to start off into airliners, but it can hit an unsuspecting PC pretty hard performance wise.

But consider the Qualitywings 757 Ultimate Collection too. Very nice for a good price ($25 at the FSPilotshop currently). You get PAX and freighter versions, a ton of different liveries, different engine configurations and more. The FMC is not top of the line, but it works. A no brainer IMHO, and easy on those frames.

Oh, and their 146 Collection is pretty good too (the Avro RJs have working FMCs; or fly the 146s old school)

I originally had the Just FLight Freemium 757. Now it's collecting dust in my hangar. QW 757 Ultimate Collection is my new plane of choice!
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Add weather radar to airplane you mean some freeware/payware addon?

The PMDG planes use the Active sky Next radar module. And probably some other

brand planes too.

It's probably the best artificial radar as far as function.. I think the 777 supports

it now, and the 737NGX will support it as soon as the SP1d update comes out,

which should be pretty soon.

I've been using Opus weather for a while, but I'll probably break down and get ASN

so I can take advantage of the radar in the 737..

And the weather is a bit more accurate too from what I hear. Or at least as far as

weather fronts, etc..

As far as planes, all I'll say is you get what you pay for.. Usually anyway... :/

Well I bought REX + OD and was disappointed my game is crashing with their weather. So I'am using the textures only and using freeware fsrealwx lite and I have to say it behaves much better than Rex OD. I used ASN 7days trial and it was simply awesome. But with the freeware software I have all what I need - real weather in real time especially rain, snow, fog and wind. Many airports in India usually have fog (smoggy) and Rex OD cant show it properly with the limited visibility within 1nm and this freeware software can do it. If I would have money I would buy ASN but for now the freeware works just fine I will stick with it :)

Anyway it seems that the QW 757 is good product. Only significant problem which I have found i reviews was that this plane eats a lot of fps (especially in VC). So I hope it wont be too bad and I will have 15 fps at least in the VC :)

Ok thanks for the ideas. Bought the QW 757 hope I wont have problems with it. It should be already SP3 version. I wonder what will happen when I will have to reinstal the game with the QW 757 one day. When I downloaded the package it looked like that I wont be able to install it again after windows reinstalation.

Ok thanks for the ideas. Bought the QW 757 hope I wont have problems with it. It should be already SP3 version. I wonder what will happen when I will have to reinstal the game with the QW 757 one day. When I downloaded the package it looked like that I wont be able to install it again after windows reinstalation.

Yes you can, as long keep as you keep the activation details!

Archived