Is active sky worth it for me?

beany_bot

Hi, I currently don't have a dedicated weather engine (I'm using Rex 4 and soft clouds for textures). My question is, I don't want to spend ages playing around with weather settings. I almost always just hit real world weather with updates ever 15mins. Can I use asn the same way? And is it much better than stock? I notice it has a plethora of settings but really I just always want "the real world weather at that location". Can I simply do that with active sky and is it a big improvement on stock?

I love my ASN!

The default settings are fine, but, you'll probably want to tweak a few.

The download interval is adjustable from 5min to 30min by 1min increments.

Once you have it detailed, it retains the settings you select.

It's performance won't be better than stock, with equivalent weather.

It's transitions, from area to area, are much smoother, IMO.

I'm also using REX4 TD & Soft Clouds. Excellent combination of weather and graphics...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Just trying to get my head around how its better and putting down real world weather, what more data does it have than stock FSX? I always find that the weather in stock FSX fairly accurately reflects Real world weather when I try it at home. And of course it looks nice because I have REX. No doubt everyone raves about ASN, im just trying to justify the $50 price tag. (the price of a standalone triple A title game after all).

Like Jim said:

The demo is the Full program so you can see how easy it is to use and the weather it produces.
Try it! ...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Archived