Fs gps

shoobee

My flight plan...

KRDU SDZ ZOPOC KCTL is loaded into the Garmin 500 GPS in FSX.

30 miles from the airport KCLT I receive the ATIS stating that the ILS approach is on 23.

How do I insert the ILS approach after ZOPOC and remove KCLT while flying? I have looked at so many utube videos

trying to figure out this problem.

Give me the solution and I'll be your friend for life.

Shoobee

When you do that, the approach is inserted after destination airport. So you fly to the airport and then out to the beginning of the approach.

If the initial approach fix is on the other side of the airport, then yes this is true.

However it is not because the approach is added after the airport, the GPS is smarter than that.

After you activate the approach it will be correctly inserted into the flight plan. You will see part of the approach listed after the runway, that is the missed approach procedure.

It also depends on if you select vectors to the approach or select the full approach with a transition.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

When you do that, the approach is inserted after destination airport. So you fly to the airport and then out to the beginning of the approach.

When you activate the approach it will take you to the OM (outer marker) to start the approach, unless you select a transition in which case it will fly to the initial fix.

Still not having ant success.

This is what my flight plan looks like befoer adding the approach.

KRDU

SDZ

CLT

KCLT

This is what my flight plan looks like after adding an ILS approach to RWY 23

KRDU

SDZ

CLT

KCLT

Approach ILS23

ATELL

hold

LECAR

The GPS continues to fly to the KCLT airport. It never turns to the ALTELL waypoint to start the approach. I'm missing something? When do I switch the auto pilot from NAV to APP?

Did you "load' or "activate" the approach?

If you do not "activate" the approach the GPS will not drive the autopilot to/through the approach.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived