Print Nav Logs (etc.) from FSX without MIE as the default browser?

HoggyDog

I really want to be able to print "stuff" from FSX (Nav Logs, Aircraft Refs, etc.) from within my FSX-SE, but everything I'm reading says that printing works only if you have MIE set as your default browser, which I REALLY don't want to do.

Most of the threads on this are 5-10 years old- has anyone found a way to print from FSX using, say, Firefox as the default browser?

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

Not that I am aware of, at least not from within FSX.

Your NAVlog is stored in the AppData folder, next to your FSX.cfg file.

You could pause the sim, load that file into Firefox and print it from there, I think, never done it. I use the kneeboard for reviewing the NAVlog.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hi Hoggy,

I don't know about printing "Aircraft Refs" from within FSX with any browser, but I just checked and was able to print the Navigation Log from the Flights tab using Chrome.

If you use GameBooster make sure that "Print Spooler" is not checked.

Jim F.

Thanks for all the replies.

Don't have Chrome and don't want it- trying to contain Google's ever-increasing predation of my personal data world :mad:.

I just wanted to be able to print Navlogs from within FSX without any PrtScr or Copy-Paste shenanigans and still keep Firefox as my default browser. Looks like I'm out of luck, but I can live with it thanks to the kneeboard.

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

The browser-like plugin FSX uses to display tables is hard coded into the sim. Nothing you can do.

This does not mean you cannot keep Firefox as your primary browser.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived