cancelled flight plan

Kdierken

Hi everyone it has been awhile since being on the forum as my computer has been in the shop off and on a long time and moved. I just got my computer back so far so good, here is my question I just flew from PHX (Phoenix - Sacramento) to SMF almost to SMF my flight plan was cancelled what causes this as this has happened before @ different airports my scenery is SMF 2008 LC on this flight, I like this is a freeware. I always like & respect the answers that you all give to us all. Much appreciated Kenny

Were you using an accelerated sim rate at the time?

The most common cause of flight plan cancellation is missing an ATC instruction.

This is easy to do with an accelerated sim rate.

If this is the cause, there is a way to avoid this.

When ATC clears you to the next sector, accept the change, then do not contact the next center. You can then fly in blissful silence, as far as ATC is concerned and as you near your destination, you can contact ATC and your flight plan will still be active.

When you first re-establish communication with ATC you will probably receive some odd instructions that make no sense. Do not follow them. Wait a minute or two and ATC will sort this out as it catches up to you.

There is a possibility it is an issue with the addon, especially if it always happens approaching that airport, and nowhere else.

You can always refile in flight. When you get to the point where FS asks if you want to move to the departure airport, click on "no".

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived