Screwed Up!... (not my fault)

alexzar14

Yesterday I bought and installed a Montreal scenery by FlyTampa.

Upon starting a sim an FSUIPC error appeared (see pic-2) followed by a crash.

I reinstalled it, the message went away but the sim continued crashing (see pic-1).

I tried several things with no successful outcome:

uninstalled the scenery (it comes with VistaMare ViMaCoreX), generated a new fsx.xfg, ever tried restoring my PC to earlier date and time. Looks like the problem is cause by some entry rather than a program/software/file. Please advise, would like to fix it rather than reinstalling...

fsuipcerror.jpg

fsuipcerror2.jpg

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

we can only see part of the error log.

error log alexzar.JPG

we need the full tekst.

drag the mouse over that tekst, press >controlc

open a notepad,

press >controlv

then paste the tekst into a post. (not attached as .txt file, just post the info.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry here it is. This is all there is on several logs:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0xffb90016

Faulting process id: 0x%9

Faulting application start time: 0x%10

Faulting application path: %11

Faulting module path: %12

Report Id: %13

here is another one:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0xffb90016

Faulting process id: 0xbe4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d050f98ed276a6

Faulting application path: C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 2b169f93-bced-11e4-9eb9-d0509932ce5f

Faulting module name: unknown is the pertinant info.

Without a "Faulting module" the rest of the event log means nothing.

Generally the fix is to uninstall/disable your add-ons after trying a new fsx.cfg.

Because the problem started with the Montreal scenery by FlyTampa, which you uninstalled, I think there may be remnants of it, or, a left over entry somewhere in FSX.

It's also possible that your FSUIPC was corrupted.

Uninstall it, grab a new download, install it...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Yes, reinstalled FSUIPC, clicked "yes" to run it and the FSUIPC error message was gone, but the sim keeps crashing on start up.

I also did what fxsttcb said.

Oh man it is going o be a murder installing the Sim with all addons all over again -((((

It was very stable (except for OOM which is normal as we know).

I know FlyTampa is not at fault, a respected developer of popular sceneries. Maybe that VistaMare thing...

Yes, reinstalled FSUIPC, clicked "yes" to run it and the FSUIPC error message was gone, but the sim keeps crashing on start up.

I also did what fxsttcb said.

Oh man it is going o be a murder installing the Sim with all addons all over again -((((

It was very stable (except for OOM which is normal as we know).

I know FlyTampa is not at fault, a respected developer of popular sceneries. Maybe that VistaMare thing...

mmm...

i am pretty sure you dont need to reinstall the whole thing

i'd like to remember how i "screwed back" fsx to run normally after installing my leveld

i got exactly the same message as you, except for the dafaulting module.

also had that "yes, no" option.

If you can wait till tomorrow i will reinstall my aircraft and check how i did.

i think it had something to do with fsx.cfg or dll file in my case.

did you try to contact flytampa support ?

when the message came back, did you try answering "no" ?

i would also check fsx.cfg file and dll file.

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX for win7

try this too

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/68382-fsx-fails-to-run-after-fsuipc4-first-installed/

.... Maybe that VistaMare thing...
There is a thread in the Aerosoft forum tha may be of assistance: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/26489-vistamare/

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

Hmmmm...Crash on launch...corrupt logbook?

Logbook.BIN rename to logbook.bak and try it.

{C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files}

I traced the problem to FSDT sceneries.

Per instructions on this site: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/683...rst-installed/ I deleted the dll.xml in the fsx-cfg folder.

Sim started ok and closed ok, sceneries appeared ok except those by FSDT, they missed the buildings (a known issue, had it before and had to reinstall any 1 scenery to generate a new coarlf-whatever add on manager).

I now reinstalled the scenery, which generated a new dll.xml, started the sim and it crashed.

Deleted the dll.xml, sim started but FSDT sceneries had no buildings. And this went in cycles...

At this point I guess I must take it to FSDT.

ps, yesterday, just before installing FT Montreal I installed one FSDT scenery I didn't have, that's what killed the sim, not FT Montreal.

Ended the two days of terror, I almost had a heart attack - my favorite "toy" was not doing well. The fix is available on FSDT website.

Funny, during these two days I realized how good this stuff is despite the shortcomings (some say they have enough with FSX and stuff... and I had a panic attack -))))

Seeing that you have OOM issues too, you should look into sim management software. By defining profiles and scenery sets you can control which addon, dll, scenery etc gets loaded and what cfg options should be used. You don't need all your planes and all your sceneries at the same time, right?

I'm using Pero Simstarter with good results. I need to stay on top of 700+ scenery entries and 70 planes, all payware (meaning high level of detail, hard on VAS, custom coding, DLLs, external FDEs, and whatnot). Within Simstarter I defined scenery sets by geography and content (like, Germany summer (photoscenery), winter (UTX etc), night (Aerosoft night environment)). Then I set up the profiles by addon (PMDG, A2A, Aerosoft etc) so that only the DLLs needed specifically for those planes get loaded. Additionally I fiddled with symlinks, so only those planes are displayed in FSXs aircraft selection menu.

That way I can make sure that only the stuff needed for a particular flight is present in the sim, with the right cfg settings to go with it.

Archived