Having 2 versions of FS question.

ColR1948

I now have 2 versions of FS9 on the PC, the original is for modern today era aircraft the other is going to be more a classic version.

I copied the ready installed version to and renamed it, I also renamed the fs9.exe and they both seem to work fine but now my question.

I also want to put some ai in the new version but TTools is defaulted to the original version, I played about changing it to recognise the new version but if I want to do something with the original version it means changing it again so is there an easier way of doing this?

I looked online a found a few threads where guys have multiple versions running with no problem but none of them mention having ai.

I tried that new ai traffic installer program but I couldn't get my head round it, I got the airports collected then I eventually got the aircraft listed but I must have clicked on the wrong thing and it all went, in the end I gave it up so that is why I am asking about TTools.

I use TTools in three different FS9 versions and several in the same classic version with different traffics. If you encounter problems with self-installers you still could have the option to install those traffics in a "virgin" FS9 and paste them to the specific versions.

Bernard

Aha... TTools is looking at the registry entry of your original FS9, & as the 2nd version is copied, it is not seen in the registry.

Try using the free Flight1 Registry repair too to look at your renamed FS9.exe (when you run it, you will see what I mean)

I also have 2 versions. 1x Normal & the other is 'Golden Wings'. --1930's planes & scenery.

Best of luck.

Robin

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

The answer is to have 2 copies of TTools, one for each version of FS9.

I would suggest keeping one in each of the root FS9 folders, that is what I do.

TTools has an .ini file, it does not read the registry for an FS9 path.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

"I tried that new ai traffic installer program but I couldn't get my head round it"

It probably uses the FS9 registry entry. Are you referring to AIFP2 by any chance? World of AI?

Do you have two FS9 versions installed because you are doing two aircraft types and you want an aircraft set for each type? Is your scenery organization different for each type? I'm just curious.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Ronzie, I think it's the AIFP2 but I have got things working now, I got advised on another forum to make one folder for both sims and place all the flight plans in there then it is just a matter of copying the compiled BGL to the right sim.

Any way I tied it and I'm now in the process of building up some ai in the new install.

Should have tested before relying on my memory.

TTools ...does not read the registry for an FS9 path.

It does appear that TTools looks at the registry to find your FS9 install path.

However you can set a User Defined traffic folder, so having multiple copies of TTools is possible.

If you want to keep separate traffic files for the different FS9 versions having 2 TTools setups might keep thing neater.

I will now go stand in the corner and await me lashes.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hi all,

I just started to use a second FS9 in paralel. I rename the FS9 directory (in a batch file) and it seems to work. I can use the same Desktop Icon and the saved flys are accessible by both installs. The renaming must be done each time I want to switch between versions.

Do you think this can give issues ?

Kr,

Bernard.

Phew, thats a mission to do.

What I did was to rename the original FS9.exe to FS91.exe, the root folder to whatever. DO NOT RUN !!!

Then I did a new install. This will obviously creat a parallel install. I would then change the new installs FS9.exe to, for example GW.exe (as my second install is Golden Wings) then rename the root folder to "Golden Wings" as an example. I would then run this new install for the first time. This creates new config files etc.

I would then rename the FS91.exe & the root folder back to how it was.

If need be, copy & paste the 2nd installs executable GW.exe to the desktop. So now you will have 2x exe's on the desktop for 2x versions.

All should work!

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

• 1 month later...

Hi folks

I use Windows 8.1 with Fs9.1.

What should occur if I create a new user account. For example : f2015 and f1960. Install a second time fs9 in another folder. Is it possible opening a new session to get different scenery and traffic organization.

Hope so but request your help,

Thanks.

Jacques Baudy

Archived