How VASy is REX weather engine?

alexzar14

So this way or that way, the outcome in the end is, PMDG+FSDT+ASN does not work together. All experiments and options have been exhausted, no options remain.

At this point the solutions proposed are too radical: reloading flights on descend or moving to P3D... I also considered dropping the weather all together, flights end successfully but less exciting.

I'm thinking of REX weather instead, how is that compared to ASN in terms o VASing and OOMing with PMDG & FSDT/Aerosoft?

May be not REX, may be the other weather engines in your experiences have the VAS issue existence successfully ceased?

Clouds can be a huge memory/processor sucker. ANY weather engine that adds in more clouds than the default weather will do that to you. Try turning the cloud density down, it will help a lot.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

We've been trying to tell you it isn't ASN causing this, for weeks now.

Right, a slow learner I am. I miss some stuff but these conversations are helpful nevertheless.

Now I found another (the 4th) VAS catalizer - FTX Vector. The final conclusion is if I want to keep all 4 (Aircraft+Scenery+ASN+Vector) I will have to restart during flight. Ok.

Archived