Game Booster 3

usb777

Just wondering what others think of game booster and really what does it do.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Hi usb,

If you have Game Booster 3 I suggest installing it and look at the various services and processes it offers to shut down by clicking on Configure. If you just run it nothing is shut down until you press Start. You can then make the decision as to whether you want to use it or not.

I just ran it prior to posting and noticed some strange processes that I didn't see before. I think something put some crap on my computer that I wasn't aware of. I'll have to investigate.

Jim F.

Thanks, Yes I saw it would shut things off for you which I think could be handy scince I don't always go in to do it manually as I do use the computer for other things as well.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

It shuts down unnecessary processes.

You can do the same thing manually.

It really doesn't do much IHO, YMMV.

I dont think any noobe knows what programs to close

gamebooster does it for him.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

With the processor that you have, I doubt that you would need it. I assume that you have tried overclocking? I personally have never gained any

noticeable improvement with Game Booster.

Nor have I. I've tested it on a few rigs I've built, and, the only time I had a definitive improvement was on a 3GHz dual core. With a fast quad(or more) core and the affinitymask tweak, all of that stuff runs on core(s) that are not assigned to FSX. Moot...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

I dont think any noobe knows what programs to close

gamebooster does it for him.

A noobe can learn what programs to close very easily, and GB can install a bunch of other crap which can actually make a computer run slower than before installing GB.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

What other "crap" can it install?

Mike G.

Hi JS,

I wasn't suggesting that GB3 put anything on my computer. As it turned out I was running my browser and there were several processes running that I don't normally see.

Several years ago I was evaluating a new Radeon card paying particular attention to Detailed clouds. With a previous Radeon card it was just about useless with detailed clouds in any weather unless the Shaders 3 Mod (or whatever it was called) was installed. It no longer seemed necessary but I was flying in an area north of Victoria on Vancouver Island and suddenly had jerky performance. I saved the flight, installed the shader mod, reflew and all was well. After that I recommended the mod in several posts. Sometime later after doing something with the FSX.cfg I forgot about the shader mod and still had no problems with detailed clouds. I suspect that something was running in the background when I was doing my initial testing.

Currently, after installing any new software/hardware I check the GB configuration settings and choose to shutdown anything that's not needed for FSX. It only frees up a couple of hundred MBs of RAM but the big advantage is preventing some background task from running unnecessarily; that Java or Adobe update can wait until I'm not flying. I did try out the Razer version but felt I didn't have as much control and wasn't sure that it didn't add anything unwanted. I won't fly without GB3.

Jim F.

What other "crap" can it install?

It does not install crap, there is an option where it analyses your PC

optimize it and it closes all non necessary programs while running FSX.

IF you dont use that option, gamebooster will close programs as default action

then you'll have problems running your pc. there is no crap installed, you just have to learn how to use it.

The OP does not need it though since his pc is a lot performant than mine.

Gamebooster closes around 15 % to 25 % ram memory in my case

and my fs runs pretty well.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived