FSX IT and FPS noobs problems.

cavalierjan19

how to start it? I installed Sun Sky Jet KPHL, and I had something like 6, 8 or even 5 FPS! My FSX aims for 20fps. I don't know how to fix it? Clever brains say, that you have to go to the computer file, the to users where you 'd find application data, wherew you can find FSX folder containing fsx.cfg file. I couldn't fnd one. I searched through the computer, but it wasn't anywhere. Anyone here that can help??? The tweaking of the .cfg file itself doesn't seem to be that challenging.
My Blog:http://thebadpilotsblog.blogspot.com/ My PC: i7-3970X up to 4.0GHz, Gigabyte GTX970 OC, Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme, Kingston HyperX Beast XMP 16GB, Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD, Western Digital Black 2TB, Noctua NH-D15, Thermaltake SE Smart 630W, Cooler Master CM690 III, Windows 10.

Here is another one for you.

Do this with FSX not running.

Open the Control Panel (right click on the little Start button) and open Folder Options.

On the View tab add a check to "Show hidden files, folders and drives".

Remove the check from "Hide extensions for known file types".

Now open File Explorer (used to be called Windows Explorer) and go to C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

There you will find a file named FSX.cfg.

Open it (not FSX.cfg.txt) with Notepad and find the [Graphics] section.

Add the following line to that section...

HighMemFix=1

Close the file, saving changes and test.

peace,

the Bean

The HighMemFix is virtually mandatory.

For other changes: Make ONE tweak at a time and thoroughly test...Don

FSX file locations:

fsx.cfg, dll.xml, and GrantedRewards.BIN, {C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX}

Your control settings = Standard.xml {C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls}

Logbook.BIN and Flight Plan files {C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files}

scenery.cfg {C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX}

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Not that I am annoying, but after completing the setting up in the control panel I could find Roaming in AppData. Inside, there was Microsoft, but no FSX. Sorry for my IT idiotisim. As a flightsimmer, I am still not clever enoughto change things. Once I changed the sound of Alphasim C-5 galaxy in the sound.cfg file, that is all.
My Blog:http://thebadpilotsblog.blogspot.com/ My PC: i7-3970X up to 4.0GHz, Gigabyte GTX970 OC, Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme, Kingston HyperX Beast XMP 16GB, Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD, Western Digital Black 2TB, Noctua NH-D15, Thermaltake SE Smart 630W, Cooler Master CM690 III, Windows 10.

Archived