Dual monitors

GridNorth

I have 2 monitors, one for the outside view and one for the cockpit instruments. The problem is that the main monitor, a Dell U2410, allows a resolution of 1920 x 1200 but the second monitor is less so when I get it all running the main monitor seems to default to the lower resolution. The graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD7900.

Is there any way of locking the resolution of the main monitor. It seems a waste to be using the lower resolutions.

Or am I approaching this in totally the wrong way?

Alan

I can't talk for other panels but I own simplugins and I m very happy with it I have in my 19 inch monitor for GA instrument and have 3 other 22 inch for external view, I have a cockpit panel and I'm not satisfied with the immersion. I was going to sell it all as you don't get the feeling of flying even with the best FSX addons and power PC. I guess it's the triple monitor.

So I plan to buy a screen projector with at least 3000 lumens, replace my 19 inch intrument panel monitor with a 22 inch for better instrument displays and add a gauge panel cover to hide monitor but show only gauges for more realism.

Anyone here can tell me if they purchase a screen monitor and how is it compare to triple monitors?

Archived