your thoughts on yoke/rudder replacements??

I have a ch products flightsim yoke and rudder pedals that are starting to get pretty old and tired. what would be a really nice replacement for these two? I have been looking at the eclipse flightsim yoke and the Saitek rudder pedals would they be worth buying?
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

I've had an Eclipse for three years, and I like it a lot. It has Rudder thumb 'paddles' mounted on the Yoke, so you won't need a separate set unless you're used to them already. Other than more buttons, lights and switches it's pretty much the same as the standard CH Yoke.

-- Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys. I was looking at rudder pedals again and came across these Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. I thought I would be a little more specific in what I am looking at. are these pedals better then the ch products pro pedals? do they last longer are they off center when flying? or are they centered all the time that I would not need to put pressure on them to stay straight when trying to taxi an aircraft? and how are the toe brakes?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi cessnaflyer,

I own and have owned both the Saitek rudder pedals (the standard one) and also the saitek combat rudder pedals for about 3years now. I have a 2 seat simpit so one set of pedals for each seat. Anyway I have never used the CH pedals before so I cant compare the saitek to them but I can comment on my experience with the saitek. In the time i've had these I have not had any issues with them, no jumping or spiking on the inputs or anything like that. The toe brakes work great by the way. Keep in mind you will need to "program" the pedals in your simulator settings. They also make a cessna version of the pedals, but all 3 pedals (the standard, combat, and cessna) all use the same internal parts and tensioner. My only complaint is that I wish they tension could be set higher than the max as they are a bit easy to press even at max. Other than that these are great pedals for the price. And they also self center nicely so no worrying about pedal pressing to keep straight, keep in mind your P-factor setting in your FSX realism settings could cause you to need to push the right pedal to keep straight due to the p-factor in prop planes. Anyway I would certianly recommend them, for the price they are a good set of pedals. As I said i ahve never used the CH pedals, but looking at them it seems the pedals are much closer together than the saiteks. As far as being "flimsy" well they are plastic, the combat pedals are aluminum but the base is still all plastic. The next step up from these in my opinion is the precision flight controls pedals, but you'll pay out the nose for a set of those.

Hope this helps....

AMD FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz water cooled - 8GB DDR3 1866Mhz - 2 Geforce 480's 1.5GB each (non-sli) 2Seat SimPit - 8 Monitors - Saitek Gear -

well the ch pedals are good. but I have put many flight hours on mine and they are getting wore out as well as my yoke. now what about the eclipse yoke is it good as well? and as far as programming the pedals that would be with the software they come with right? cause I tried the software for the stuff I have now and it did not work with windows 7.

The software your referring to is the CH Control Manager, this is used for CH products only. I am referring to going into your simulator control settings and telling your simulator what functions the pedals do, ie programing..

See this -

I cant speak of the eclipse yoke as I've never owned or used one....

AMD FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz water cooled - 8GB DDR3 1866Mhz - 2 Geforce 480's 1.5GB each (non-sli) 2Seat SimPit - 8 Monitors - Saitek Gear -

• 3 weeks later...
well I took and got me a set of Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. very nice pedals. but I had to get a 6 foot extension cable for the usb wire. and get them set up in fsx. but so far they work great. they keep me straight when I need to be and turning when I need to with out having to hold pressure on them:D

Archived