Panel and gauges advice, please

shanwick

Hi

I'm looking for some good quality FS9 panels and gauges [freeware or payware] for the Beech King Air 300. I've considered Friendly Panels, which their website seems to indicate are available for both FS9 and FSX, but when I click on their purchase buttons the various vendors quote them as only being suitable tor FSX.

I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations anyone might have.

Ta muchly!!

Dijvid

Briefly checking the Friendly Panels listed there, they are either FS9 specific or state they include both versions (graphics would be the same for either, but FSX gauges are not backwards compatible).

I've long used a nice add-on panel for the default Baron (I believe it is the king-air wide panel by Jacques Vallcaneras) but there are several good freeware panels out there.

Dijvid,

Your best bet might be to build one yourself, using FS Panel Studio. If you have access to a high quality bitmap of the Main Panel, then you just have to put in the Gauges of your choice.

Are you looking for a specific type of Panel layout, or are there specific Gauge choices you're looking for?

-- Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Thanks for the replies, guys.

The idea of building my own panel is enticing. I'm quite comfortable with messing about placing gauges - with, or without, Panel Studio. It's really better gauges I'm ultimately interested in. As for a bmp for the Main 2D Panel I'm quite experienced with Photoshop so I could use the existing one I already have and just touch it up as necessary.

If I can't find what I'm looking for then all is not lost :)

Dijvid

Archived