Remove stock XBEL airport from FSX

fxsttcb

I'm stuck! APX05240.bgl contains XBEL Bellows AFB and I can't find a way to eliminate it.

I'm using MegaSceneryEarth photoreal Hawaii scenery and it does not match. Not even close.

I used Bgl2xml to get an XML for it. I then removed the XBEL Bellows AFB from the *.xml and saved it with a different file name. When I try to compile that, using Xml2Bgl, it results in an error. I click "Details" and the error box disappears.

I also tried importing the new *.xml into ADE. No dice...

Is there a way other than opening all of the airports in ADE and creating individual bgls for them?

Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Stuck? Why?

Any airport editing tool is going to get what it needs from APX05240 for XBEL. When you go and delete what you can, you save/compile what remains to a NEW FILE, like XBEL4Don.bgl. You would never save back and overwrite a default file.

Your new file will have the necessary instructions to FSX to remove what it might have loaded lower down the scenery loading chain.

Note: There isn't a 100% removal process*, so on the GPS and Map there would still show the Airport Reference Point for XBEL, but you can remove the visual traces.

*Removal could be done by replacing the default APX file that holds the XBEL data, but that shouldn't be undertaken.

I removed the runways and aprons in ADE, saved it, compiled it into a new folder(My Scenery/XBEL Removed/Scenery) and activated it. The runways still showed up.

That's when I went looking for alternative methods.

I'm gonna reboot and try FSX again. I've had lingering remnants of scenery before, and sometimes that fixes it. Thanks for the feedback...Don

EDIT: The reboot worked! No more XBEL! Weird though...

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Archived