trouble driving on the ground

guzekman

Hello

So the title says it all. I have a joystick and everytime i want to turn left 90% of the time it wants to go right. i have tried calibrating it and even then it doesn't fix it. I have tried to look on the assignments so i can assign my keyboard to turn the plane left and right when taxing on the ground but I can not find it. Which ones do i need to change. Thank you for your help

Do you have a yaw (rudder) axis on your joystick (twist control)? If so be sure auto coordination is turned off in the FS settings. If not enable it and your roll (aileron) control will also steer the rudder and hence your nose wheel.

Be sure in FS axis control you just have bit of null to allow for some of the variation in your yaw control not returning to the center when released. Avoid too much null area as that increases sensitivity.

If you are using a single engine prop aircraft or twin prop with no counter rotating props, on increasing engine power you may be getting a gyro effect pulling to the right I believe. This can be disabled in FS realism settings.

If you can swing it consider acquiring a set of rudder pedals. It is much easier to steer your aircraft on the ground and apply rudder in the air avoiding the natural tendency to twist the joystick as you move it for other functions. It is also more realistic to have pedals for yaw control and you also get the function of linear toe brakes to assist in tight taxi turns without locking wheels on the main gear but just applying enough brake power as needed.

If you are using a proprietary interface for your joystick be sure to check out all of its settings.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No I found it easily. And have been toying around with it and the other settings. I think the issue is my controller chord because when I calibrate it the axis just shakes and doesn't stay still when in nuetral mode. And auto rudder has helped a little thanks

Is it shaking mostly when at its released position (center)? If it is a small amount, in the FS axis settings just give it a little bit of null. Also, see if you get enough range with decreased sensitivity.

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived