FlightSimCon 2015: Annual Aviation & Flight Simulation Conference in Hartford, CT, US

FlightSimCon

http://flightsimcon.com/images/FlightSimCon2015Overview.png

Flight simulation enthusiasts are likely familiar with the flight simulation conferences taking place regularly overseas, the biggest of which is probably FlightSim Conference, held in Germany this March. Flight simulation conferences in Europe have drawn thousands of attendees and provided a fascinating forum for simmers and vendors to interact.

Inspired by this success, FlightSimCon aims to achieve the same in the United States. The FlightSimCon team believes that North America can also support a large flight simulation conference—but we need your support to make it happen! North American Flight Simulator fans: this is OUR chance as a flight simulation community to build a great conference in our own backyard.

FlightSimCon 2015 is embarking on its third year. This year’s event is hosted at the New England Air Museum just off the grounds of Bradley International Airport near Hartford, Connecticut on June 13-14, 2015.

At FlightSimCon:

• Interact with FSX and aviation exhibitors such as Jetline Systems as well as online communities like Boston Virtual ATC, IVAO, and VATSIM
  • Participate in a free draw to win door prizes donated by Wilco Publishing
  • Attend ‘how-to’ seminars on setting up or improving your at-home setup
  • Hear from recreational and airline pilots about flight training, career planning, and pilot life
  • Fly a full-size Cessna 172 “sim-pit” and check out other home cockpit setups displayed by the FSX Demonstration Team
  • Explore the 5-hangar New England Air Museum

FlightSimCon is proud to have an exciting list of exhibitors already confirmed for the 2015 conference. The conference expects to secure even more exhibitors and speakers in the next few months.

FlightSimCon needs large amounts of flight simulation enthusiasts like you to attend this conference to make it a long-term success. With the support of the North American flight simulation community, we know FlightSimCon has the potential to bring thousands of people together this year.

As the conference is still a few months away, at this point we’d like to ask for the community’s support in identifying additional companies and/or speakers who have an interest in participating with the conference. If you, or anyone you know, is willing to speak or exhibit at the event, please connect us!

Of course, the best way individuals can support this event is by making plans to attend! Registration is just $60 for the entire weekend, which includes access to the New England Air Museum. For more information and to register, visit us at www.flightsimcon.com.

We hope to make FlightSimCon 2015 North American’s flight simulation conference. We look forward to your support in making this a sustainable, annual event for years to come.

--

2015 Confirmed Exhibitors:

http://flightsimcon.com/images/FlightSimCon2015Exhibitors.png

Please note that this list of exhibitors is preliminary. We expect additional exhibitors to be confirmed as the event approaches. Like on Facebook or follow on Twitter for updates!

Given that there will be no AVSIM conference this year, I'm giving serious consideration to attending this event.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

• 2 months later...

FlightSimCon April Forum Update

It’s April, and that means there are just over 2 months to go to FlightSimCon 2015! North America’s only flight simulation and aviation conference takes flight on June 13-14 at the New England Air Museum (approximately 15 minutes north of Hartford, Connecticut).

Since our last update, three new flight simulation organizations have been confirmed for the event. GoFlight, Appropel, and Edustation will all be exhibiting at FlightSimCon, joining other exciting flight simulation organizations such as A2A Simulations and Jetline Systems. Nathan Palmer of Take Flight Simulations will also be bringing his mobile ‘sim-pit’ to the conference—our third full-size ‘sim-pit’ that will be on display!

The conference has also confirmed new speakers:

Austin Meyer, creator of X-Plane

Richard Fucci, former naval aviator and Past President of Freedom’s Wings International

Bill Womack, iBlueYonder

After Day 1 of FlightSimCon, attendees are welcome to purchase tickets to the FlightSimCon Dinner. The event will be held at Skyline Restaurant, a short ride from the airport. Tickets will be available for purchase on-site for $15. Many of the event’s exhibitors will be attending the dinner, making it a great opportunity to connect with some of the best flight simulator developers in a more relaxed setting.

The speaker and exhibitor lists for this event read like a ‘who’s who’ of the flight simulation community. As North America’s only flight simulation conference, FlightSimCon is a great opportunity for fans of the platform to get to know each other. Attendees are travelling from as far as California, Canada, and even Europe to attend this event, and the conference hopes you will too!

Registration is open now, and is just $60 for this two-day event. The registration fee includes two-day access to the New England Air Museum, the largest aviation museum in New England. Attendees can register online at http://www.flightsimcon.com. We also encourage you to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for all of the latest conference news.

About FlightSimCon

FlightSimCon is a North American flight simulation and aviation conference designed to bring flight simulation users together. The conference is held on June 13-14, 2015 at the New England Air Museum, Bradley International Airport (KBDL), approximately 15 minutes north of Hartford, CT.

FlightSimCon is a mix of conference and show. Between the 11 scheduled seminars and presentations, attendees of the event can interact with vendors and exhibitors, check out home cockpit setups on display by the FSX Demonstration Team, and participate in social activities.

Conference registration includes access to the New England Air Museum, the largest aviation museum in New England. Also included with registration is the chance to win door prizes donated by Just Planes and Wilco Publishing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the event too. There were a lot of intersting seminars.

I was surprized how KBDL is a busy airport I saw AAL, USAIR, SWA, JETBLUE Delta and other private jets taking off and landing minutes apart.

I was surpized that Lockheed Prepared was not represented in talks or exhibits.

Bill

I was really looking forward to the event. I had pretty high hopes, yet I should of read more carefully the descriptions of the seminars. The first day mostly seemed geared towards beginners and second day for advanced. Though, most were selling a product with a little education while presenting. I don't think I heard anything technical about tuning nvidia settings or fsx.cfg settings or specific FSX scenery config settings, which is what I was hoping to see a seminar on. I probably need to replace my yoke, so it was nice to have all of them in spot to try.

The community seemed friendly to a certain extent, yet some seemed to have almost a high school mentality of an exclusive club. I guess a lot of us are geeks and don't have good social skills or perhaps shy in general and are not very open to others. Maybe it's a local (East Coast) phenomena that we are not that friendly? Yet people came from all over.

I was surpized that Lockheed Prepared was not represented in talks or exhibits.

Since L-M's Prepar3D is intended for professional flight schools, governmental entities, etc. why the surprise?

I really wanted to go and had even made tentative plans, but alas my health just isn't up for being so far away from my health supports any longer... :(

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived