latitude and altitude on Xplane? same as FSX?

Francofree

From the manual

You do not have to choose a location for your flight using the list of world airports. You can have X‑Plane choose a random location near you by moving the mouse to the top of the screen, clicking Location, and selecting Get Me Lost. You can also choose a location visually from the 3-D globe by selecting the Planet Map from the Location menu. The controls in the bottom right corner of this dialog box move your view of the globe as follows.

The large round button spins the globe up, down, left, or right, depending on where along its edge the button is clicked. The buttons below this each have two small triangles. On the left is the button to zoom out, and next to it (labeled with two larger triangles) is the one to zoom in. Below the zoom buttons is the center on acft button, which, when clicked, centers the map view on the aircraft.

Clicking a location on the planet map will transport the aircraft to the airport nearest where the map was clicked. To close the window without relocating the craft, click one of the Xs in the top corners or press the Enter key.

See also http://www.x-plane.com/manuals/desktop/, and scroll down to "Other Ways to Choose a Location"

Let's say you want to fly over your own neighbor hood, You know the altitude , longitude how do you do that?

OK, the short answer is "You don't". It's not an XP10 "feature" (BTW, I suppose you mean "latitude" rather than "altitude").

In principle one could write a "plug-in" to accomplish what you're asking, but to the best of my knowledge no one has so far.

The nearest I could find is Sandy Barbour's plug-in: http://www.xpluginsdk.org/position_aircraft.htm

Archived