Repainting problems

Smatman

I am having trouble with a couple of recent repaints. I have repainted many aircraft without any problems and have successfully flown them.

The 2 most recent aircraft i am working a presenting a weird problem. After repainting, the aircraft shows up in FSX with the original texture.

Steps.

I am using FSX SP1

I am working the FS2004 Boeing C-17 Cargomaster III, filename sc17.zip downloaded here.

I edit the aircraft.cfg file to create a new [flightsim.#] section using the next number available.

I use dtxbmp to load and send the editable file to my editor, photoshop. I make the edits and save. I return to dtxbmp and save the edited texture to the proper aircraft folder.

I use FSRepaint to check my work and help tweak each texture, getting them lined up with each other.

After editing all textures I verified the work in FSRepaint and everything shows as expected.

I then go to FSX to look at the aircrat in flight. When i select the repainted variation, it shows up with the original textures that existed before repaint. I don't know how this can happen

I have verified the correct folders to make sure I am saving the repainted textures to the correct location in FSX. Again it showed up as edited in FSrepaint displaying the correct variation for that aircraft in sim objects.

Can anyone whlp with this? I have done many others without any problem.

Thank you for your help.

Jeff

I then go to FSX to look at the aircrat in flight. When i select the repainted variation, it shows up with the original textures that existed before repaint.

Does this happen while flying or are you talking about the thumbnail you see in the plane selection screen?

Unlike FS9 which uses the actual textures in a dynamic display on the plane selection screen, FSX only shows you the thumbnail.jpg from the texture folder.

Once you select the plane you will see the actual textures and they should work in the sim after you hit "Fly now".

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived