adding an instrument to cockpit panel

steveh2112

Untitled.jpgi download a plane from here http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=edge+540+&categoryId= 3rd one down, Zivko Edge 540 for FSX (Category: FSX > Props)

i like it because it has a great choice of paint jobs and flight model seems pretty good as far as i can tell.

only problem is for some reason, there is no ADI

how would i go about adding one? do i need to learn all about creating planes or can i just tweak a config file?

thanks

by the way, i tried FS Panel Studio demo but all i see on the .cfg is 2 radios, none of the gauges

Maybe you can copy an ADI from the panel.cfg of an other airplane wich has such an instrument to the panel.cfg of your plane. Don't forget to backup the files before acting!

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

Me, personally, I always install the "Collins ADI-84A", "Collins HSI-70", "ComGold Radio", and the "Collins ALI-55 Radar Altimeter" if I am going to add or change panels. They are XML, use NO resources to operate to speak of, look and work great in FS9.

I know, they are NOT realistic in something like a Cessna or Piper light GA, but I just love the info they provide as a whole set, or as individual gauges, and the ease of operation they have. Especially the radio stack. If I am going to be flying a new (to me!) airplane, the radio goes in, at the VERY least.

They are available in the library here or over at Avsim. I think Simviation, too, but I am very often wrong about almost everything...And of course I've lost all the .zip files by now, so the names or locations are not available atm.

Anyway, as I said, all this is just me, and just my way of doing "stuff" :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived