Resizing Parking Fuel Triggers

CaptainTower

Stock Airport KBUR Parking 12 (Fuel Box).

Whether I park at the Fuel Box or Parking 11 or 13, next to it, I am going to get refueled. I don't want to do that because I want time to check my fuel usage, first. In fact, I get refueled before I even turn from the taxiway to approach Parking 13.

I opened the Stock KBUR with the latest version of ADE and saw the problem immediately; the Fuel Trigger is way too big for the neighboring Parking 11 and 13 and too big for any planes taxing by that row of parking spots.

The solution appeared simple: just reduce the size of the Fuel Trigger. I was unable to see any way of doing that. I could delete the Fuel Trigger but I could not resize it. I could move it forward to elimiate the problem with the taxiway, but that would not help Parking 11 or 13.

If I delete the Fuel Trigger, that solves the problem but no one will get fuel from that pump.

Am I correct in assuming that the Fuel Trigger cannot be resized?

Thank you,

Tim

ASUS GL 12CX; Intel i7 9700K 3.6 GHz; 16 GB GDDR8 Memory; System BUS 2660 MHz; 8 MB L3 cache;

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6; Windows 10 Home x64

That's the first thing I tried. When I do click on edit object, the only thing I can change is the scenery complexity, the type of fuel, and I can delete it or move it. That's it, though.

Thank you,

Tim

ASUS GL 12CX; Intel i7 9700K 3.6 GHz; 16 GB GDDR8 Memory; System BUS 2660 MHz; 8 MB L3 cache;

I tried with an airport (empty so far) that was on the desktop anyway.

added a fuel trigger. then did as described.

this is the result:

(same reult whether opened from .ad4 file or from .bgl file.)

ade fuel.jpg

do you not see those options??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your diagram shows settings for parking. I was hoping to resize the Fuel Trigger. I don't want to change the radius of the parking spot.

No, I didn't try deleting the Fuel Trigger and replacing it with my own. I didn't think it would matter; I just figured the Fuel Trigger couldn't be resized. I will try what you said.

Thank you,

Tim

a fuel trigger IS a parking spot!

(a blue circle instead of a green one in ADE.)

notice: "type" = FUEL.

To add a "parking" spot, you first select the type. GATE SMALL, GATE HEAVY, ...., or, FUEL!!

Then click on the "dot" to the left of that.

cursor changes to a circle.

and place.

then resize it if you want.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

a fuel trigger IS a parking spot!

(a blue circle instead of a green one in ADE.)

notice: "type" = FUEL.

To add a "parking" spot, you first select the type. GATE SMALL, GATE HEAVY, ...., or, FUEL!!

Then click on the "dot" to the left of that.

cursor changes to a circle.

and place.

then resize it if you want.

When I delete the FUEL TRIGGER, the Fuel Spot is only a picture of a fuel pump. There will be no fuel dispensed from that pump no matter what you do. You can create a Fuel Parking Spot but that does not include a Fuel Trigger. I don't know how you would do that. Maybe you can't. But that is why it is called a Fuel TRIGGER; when you taxi over it, your fuel tanks will be filled. Try it. Create a Fuel Parking Spot and compile the bgl and save it. Then put a plane at that spot and see what happens. No fuel.

Thank you,

Tim

Fuel triggers and fuel parking spots are 2 different things.

The 3D model of the fuel pump is a third element totally unrelated to the first 2.

To resize the fuel trigger, do the following (assuming you are working with ADE)...

Delete the fuel trigger.

Resize the fuel parking spot.

Right click on the fuel parking spot and Add...>Fuel trigger.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

The 3D model of the fuel pump is a third element totally unrelated to the first 2.

To resize the fuel trigger, do the following (assuming you are working with ADE)...

Delete the fuel trigger.

peace,

the Bean

That did it, Mr. Bean, except I did not have to resize anything. I deleted the Fuel Trigger and right clicked on the Fuel Parking Spot, and selected Add Fuel Trigger. The new Fuel Trigger popped in a perfect size.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Thank you,

Tim

Delete the fuel trigger.

peace,

the Bean

That did it, Mr. Bean, I deleted the Fuel Trigger, right-clicked on the Fuel Parking Spot, and chose Add a Fuel Trigger. I didn't have to resize anything; the new Fuel Trigger just popped right in, the perfect size. I did not have to resize the Fuel Parking Spot. Just delete the old Fuel Trigger and Add a Fuel Trigger.

Thank you, Mr. Bean.

Thank you,

Tim

Try reading the Tips and Tricks article by David "Opa" Marshall https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=131901

I know it's for FS2004 but it might give you some ideas or hints on "How-To", no?

Just a thought, although they usually get lonely and go in search or friends...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Try reading the Tips and Tricks article by David "Opa" Marshall https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=131901

I know it's for FS2004 but it might give you some ideas or hints on "How-To", no?

Just a thought, although they usually get lonely and go in search or friends...

Pat☺

FWIW, fuel triggers are different in FS9 as compared to FSX/P3D.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Ahhhh, ok, sorry. Just trying yo offer alternatives is all :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived