Level D 767 three problems.

alexzar14

Guys please save me time from registering to another support forum yet, it's an old software and you probably know the solution.

1. the NAV radio, when in manual mode, increases by .15 and not by .05.

From .00 it goes to .05 then .20, then .25, then .40 and itc. As a result you can't set a required ILS frequency.

There must be a fix to this bug. Yes, it isn't necessary to enter it manually, the FMS sets the frequency automatically but read problem #2...

2. FMS doesn't set ILS frequency, the ILS line is empty and I can't input it manually, it doesn't let me.

3. VNAV doesn't engage. PERD inputed perfectly and VNAV should function but it doesn't even engage.

Non of these problems present with CS-767, all PMDGs, iFly 747 or Airbus-X. My Level-D version is 1.4.2a downloaded from Flight-1 recently, purchased.

Captainsim 767 functions perfectly but I don't like it (doesn't have a 767 feel). Level-D is an ancient software but in my view is still superior to CS, I wan't to clear the bugs and use Level-D as that's the only true 767-ish 767 so far.

Guys please save me time from registering to another support forum yet, it's an old software and you probably know the solution.

1. the NAV radio, when in manual mode, increases by .15 and not by .05.

From .00 it goes to .05 then .20, then .25, then .40 and itc. As a result you can't set a required ILS frequency.

There must be a fix to this bug. Yes, it isn't necessary to enter it manually, the FMS sets the frequency automatically but read problem #2...

2. FMS doesn't set ILS frequency, the ILS line is empty and I can't input it manually, it doesn't let me.

3. VNAV doesn't engage. PERD inputed perfectly and VNAV should function but it doesn't even engage.

Non of these problems present with CS-767, all PMDGs, iFly 747 or Airbus-X. My Level-D version is 1.4.2a downloaded from Flight-1 recently, purchased.

Captainsim 767 functions perfectly but I don't like it (doesn't have a 767 feel). Level-D is an ancient software but in my view is still superior to CS, I wan't to clear the bugs and use Level-D as that's the only true 767-ish 767 so far.

The Level-D doesn't have any 'bugs' in the areas you mention. You need to set your FSX options correctly for the NAV radio. You don't set the ILS in the FMS, you set it via the pedestal or simply by selecting a landing runway. VNAV will engage every time if all conditions for its use are met. I suggest you read the comprehensive manual that comes with the aircraft.

DJ

Thanks guys, got it.

Via a pedestal, hm.

See I do enter a runway and a STAR into the FMS (like with any other aircraft) but LDS doesn't recognize it. I go to NAVRAD page on approach and the ILS freq is not there. But as long as I can enter it via a pedestal I'm ok.

As for VNAV, I do the same PERF procedure as with PMDG 737/777, iFly 747 and CS 757/767 (weights/temps...), I assumed it is the same approach and thus did not study the LDS tutorials. Will read and study. I gotta know how to fly this one.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived