Issue with the timing of sounds on project airbus aircraft

Billster8724

Hi all,

I haven't had any issues until recently, and with no significant computer updates or changes to the operating system, I don't really know why they are starting now. I have the Airbus A320 family from Project Airbus, and have downloaded several soundpacks (for the purpose of attempting to determine the issue) that sound great in the preview (if included), and sound great when I play the individual .wav files, but when I hop onboard the timing is off mainly during takeoff power. For some reason the highest power sound file (the grinding growling sound typically heard infront of the engine if you will) takes a long and gradual entry, as opposed to the quick and accurate entry that I was experiencing up until now. That .wav file also seems to be less pronounced once it starts playing. I know it's not the sound pack itself, but rather something to do with the aircraft config? Happens on all 3 Airbus models (319,320,321), and it's a little irritating to be honest.

Any suggestions? I can try to elaborate more if need be - I understand that was a fairly poor explanation but the words aren't coming to me at the moment.

Thanks,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Well, since no-one has replied, I will offer you the "fix" that i stumbled upon with poor sound on the previous computer. That was simply to press 'Q' twice - ie, to turn the sound off and then on again within FS. Dunno why it worked, but it did.

Also, have you tried - purely temporarily - swapping the sound folders with a "similar" aircraft? The A320 with, for example, the default Boeing 737?

Steve from Mudgee

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

I have downloaded pretty much every A320 soundpack on this site, all with the same results. I even compare it to the included videos and the sound files themselves. The high power growl in the sim doesn't compare with what I hear listening to the .wav file

I have swapped it out for a 737 soundpack I have and it worked better (but not perfect).

Edit: I added a new panel, and I can see the same issues as with the default 737 panel: the spool itself is so slow, the sound is matching the spool. It happens on any panel I add, so is there a way to fix this through the aircraft.cfg, or?

Bill

Archived