Ifly 737NG and Windows 8

flrflr

I just bought the Ifly 737NG for FS2004. I have Windows 8.1 and heard, that the Ifly 737NG for FS2004 doesnt work under Windows 8 but I also heard of people who succesfully installed it so I guess ist possible. But could anyone explain to me step by step how to install it because I want it really bad and I`m so tired of the PMDG 737.

Regards

flrflr

• 4 weeks later...
I installed it on windows 8.1 from the DVD disk with success. The only issue I had is that it had to be installed using the administrator protocol. I myself don't have it, but other folks here have mentioned the Flight1 wrapper does not work in windows 8.1

The only issue I had is that it had to be installed using the administrator protocol. I myself don't have it

I don't understand this. You say the administrator protocol is required to install and that you don't have this protocol. How did you manage to install it then??:confused::confused:

Dijvid

I am sorry, I typed incorrectly. I have the DVD version of IFLY 737NG and it installed fine as long as I used the Administrator protocol when installing from the disk.

During my test, I found that the flight1 wrapper used for some add-on like Ifly 737NG does not install/work correctly in Windows 8.1. I don't own any Flight One products using the wrapper install. So I wasn't able to enough testing to verify that there aren't any work arounds.

Again, according to my test, if you want to enjoy FS9 Ifly 737NG on a Windows 8.1 computer, buy the DVD version and install it using the Administrator protocol.

Archived