FSXnutter

Hi guys and gals

I have just joined I have been using my Flight Simulator now for the last 6 months and have only just added all the add ons to the laptop I am a plane flyer and have 35hrs of free flight time up so far. I am also using a joystick and all seems ok at the moment. I spend most of my time flying around my native country (Australia). I am looking to learn as much as I can but I am a professional paramedic who works in the RAC rescue helicopter service in Perth Western Australia and I am studying at Uni as a student doctor. Feel free to contact about anything just remember I am not a October nut just an old man trying to enjoy my flying and to learn to make the game look real I have so far added all the Australian free scenery for Australia but in my opinion it does not look close to how is should and when I have all the settings up full it seems to jump so I guess I am doing something wrong. Also there is no water ways for Australia for the float plane?? Can anyone tell me how to add them.

Thanks

The Nutter

What goes up must come down

I don't know the first thing about scenery, but over on Hovercontrol.com you could DL a chopper like the one you are currently assigned to, should you so desire. Totally different than flying a fixed wing bird, but I like them a lot. Might be a lot of fun to sit up front, rather than only in back :) If you do, also ensure you grab a copy of HTRv1.5 (Helicopter Total Realism) and the proper *.cfg file to go with it, for the particular bird you pick. Difference with and without HTR is night and day. Also available on Hovercontrol.

I think there is a site, OZX.COM, or something like that, that I believe has the best Australian Scenery available, as far as I know.

The "jumping" is because you have all your sliders up full. you will have to back off on the sliders, all of them, some to get good, consistently smooth, operation, especially on a laptop. Trust me, I fly on one. FSX eats RAM, and turning down settings helps. Some real memory hogs can be AI Traffic, and weather generator Clouds, especially the "complex" clouds. Start with those sliders no higher than 20%-ish, and the clouds on low, all others on "default".

It would help a lot for the people on this site to help you if you provided info, such as which FS version you have (FS2004 ACOF, FSX, whatever), and your computer's CPU, RAM, and GPU stats when you ask questions like these. Just saying "Flight Simulator" and "Laptop" don't really give us a lot to go on :)

Hope all this helps a little bit...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hi and thank you for the reply I have FSX Gold edition and I am using a laptop with an Intel 2.41GHz, Intel HD graphics, and 4gig DDR3 L ram with a 500 gig hard drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What goes up must come down

Archived