Loading a new aircraft

valandi01

Hi & merry Xmas to everyone.

I am running FSX in windows 7. It works fine but I want to add a plane I downloaded from this website. viz alphajet_german_luftwaffe_fsx. I have unpacked it and have the three folders effects, guages and SimObjects.

The readme says to copy these to the main FSX folder.

However there are already folders there with these names.

I think I am supposed to copy the contents of the Guages download into the existing FSX guages folder.

I think I am supposed to copy the Alphajet GAF FSX folder from the downloaded SimObjects folder into the FSX SimObjects folder.

However I am not sure of this.

But more, I do not know what to do with the downloaded Effects folder.

Can anyone assist.

Thanks in advance

Exactly the same thing as the othre two, ie: copy the contents into the EFFECTS folder in the FSX folder (/fsx/effects).

As far as the Simobjects folder goes, beware! It has several subfolders, of which Airplanes is one. THAT is where the Alphajet GAF folder goes, not just the /fsx/simobjects. IE /FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes, if ya see what I'm trying to get at :)

Hope that helps ya out some!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Wow, that was fast. And appreciated. Still got a question though.

The FSX effects folder has a sub folder called Texture. So does the downloaded effects folder.

Do I copy the contents of the downloaded effects folder into the FSX one?

Otherwise it is going to try to replace the texture folder when I copy the effects folder across. Hope you understand

Otherwise it is going to try to replace the texture folder when I copy the effects folder across.

It will not replace the folder, it will merge the contents of the two folders.

If those two folders contain files with the same name you will be asked if you want to overwrite.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

And personally, I always use the newest file when asked to replace, whether it's the one I'm loading in, or the one that was already there. I have never had a lick of trouble I can recall (I've slept though, so who knows?) with this method. Seems to work perfectly for me.

Hope that helps!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived