FSX now on Steam Good --- Bad--- Maybe?

goldhawk

I have not yet checked pilot shop here, but as some of you may know boxed copies of FSX Gold are going for 200+ on Amazon. It is tempting, if you have a boxed copy to cash out and go the way of Steam.

IMHO and I have been wrong many times, I would fight this temptation until Steam gets many many things worked out.

I may be comparing apples and oranges, however, I had a boxed copy of GTA San Andreas that I must have lost in a recent move. Going with the Steam version has been very disappointing to say the least. A logitech controller which used to give me no trouble at all is now useless.

Back on topic however, not to mention the FSX Steam FAQ which talks about the new directory structure being so different and how much of a challenge it might be at first to get Add on stuff to work. I would like to hear more if anyone has any news. After all this site has been around what 30 years? So yes all flight sim gurus are on this site for sure. I just come here to get the real answers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.::Gateway::. i5, 8GB Memory, 2gb Nvidia Video Card, Win7, FS9, FSX, P3D

Android User. Sometimes Ubuntu User.

Ok well that is really crazy, Pilot Shop here still has FSX gold and at a fraction of the asking price at Amazon.

Can you post a screen shot of the page with an "Add to Cart" button?

Let me do that for you...

Capture.JPG

Notice anything missing?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Check this tread goldhawk: FSX - Features and compatibility.

You can have FSX Gold repacked for 12.49€ and, after a few days of testing and collecting info it seems that everything is working fine with FSX SE.

Only issue, soon to be fixed by Steam, is the need to be online and logged to start the sim.

Time for the tin foil hat again. When you join Steam and download games/software through them, you do so of your own accord according to their terms. There is no Big Brother watching you, there is no being railroaded. If you don't want FSX:SE, no one is forcing you to download it, or use it, or submit your website surfing habits. But know this, this is the 21st century, where your data is king. When something is offered for free, joining Steam in this case, YOU are the commodity being traded in exchange for services, in this case purchasing the game/software to use on and from their network. Don't like it? Don't join it.
http://my.flightmemory.com/pic/tvieno.gifhttp://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk/Status/1136602.jpg

As a gamer/simmer who moves around many forums I find there's always been a sizeable minority in most forums who don't like Steam.

For example people might have a game on disk and want to update or patch it, but find they have to buy the game again on Steam because the update/patch is only available via Steam, that's 'railroading'.

But every game is different, so maybe FSX will do just fine and dandy on Steam..:)

PS- a guy in the Shoutbox is asking right now- "Hi can anyone help me with a problem i have with FSX Steam?"

and i've told him to ask in this FSX forum so we can all help.

I always seem to second guess anything I say, maybe that is a good thing, I did not mean it is crazy, what it sells for at pilot shop, that is a good thing, I just meant what they are asking for it elsewhere, oh well I guess you can "ask" for anything, doesn't mean you will get it. Just to be clear I did not want to offend any of the powers that be here. Have a good Holiday all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.::Gateway::. i5, 8GB Memory, 2gb Nvidia Video Card, Win7, FS9, FSX, P3D

Android User. Sometimes Ubuntu User.

Archived