New Build For Complete Amature

Hi,

I am wanting to build a flight simulator using four monitors. Three monitors will be for the scenic views and one will be for the instrument panel. I will primarily use MS FSX. I have never opened a computer to work on one and certainly would not know how to put one together. I went to a website to pic parts for the computer but am not sure if I have too much or too little for this computer. Could somebody guide me in selecting the parts I need. Here is a link to my part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pFzM23

I have the Saitek Yoke and rudder system. I don't know if I need two graphics cards for 4 monitors. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Tom

Tom, It looks to me like you did your homework. That's a build you can be quite proud of.

If you haven't already, read this: Paxx's How to build a Computer

The GTX 970 should be OK driving 4 monitors. 3 in Surround Mode, 1 separate.

If you find that it is being saturated, you can always add a second identical card in SLI.

You may want to consider an 850w+ PSU now...just in case that becomes necessary...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Thanks Don,

Could you advise me on the warning about my memory that I get from the part picker store: "The G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds the Intel Haswell Refresh CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum. I am not sure what to do about that one issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom

I wouldn't worry about it. Hundreds of folks are running fast 1.65v Memory with Haswell.

I doubt you'll find many, if any, sets @ 1.5v faster than DDR3-2133.

This is the fastest 1.5v RAM I've found: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 2133 Cas9, CMY16GX3M2A2133C9R. It does come at a premium; $240usd...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Archived