Skyvector update?

Brushstrokes

Does it have to be updated from time to time? I've been using it for quite some time and am finding lately, more and more waypoints not available.

Isn't it an online piece of software? If so then you just have to wait for the developer to update it. I don't think you can download it????

Dijvid

I use skyvector always, and believe that it is updated with current data. It always seems to be current.

I have noticed occasionally that data from skyvector does not match FS9...for example, the VOR near KSAV is moved a few miles and on a different frequency. Also, KMWL now has an ILS, but not in FS9. I assume that these are all changes in the real world since FS9 was released.

It's possible that the FAA is deleting waypoints from official database to simplify charts if it thinks those waypoints are little used.

Nadlzfw

There are real world changes in every AIRAC release (monthly). You cannot compare the data in FS/FSX to the real world with any hope of success. There have been hundreds (if not thousands) of changes. Some updates to the FS/FSX database are available monthly, but they are not comprehensive and have some side effects. This site: http://www.aero.sors.fr/ has the updates. Read carefully before you use them.

DJ

Archived