Newbie needs a few questions answered

eth32

Hi all. I'm very new to flight simulation and thought now was the time to get into it, with the announcement of FSX coming to steam. I have a few questions...

1. I was wondering whether I could run Prepar3d on my laptop, or if I would have to stick to FSX. Computer Specs: Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz

Video Card 1 Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Video Card 2 NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX

Memory 8.1 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

2. I have been looking at addons and have become really interested in the weather ones. More specifically, i'm looking for the addon that can simulate storms the best, I mean, the other features are beautiful and all but, I love the idea of being able to go into a storm that I might not be able to come out of. Also, are there any addons that would simulate a hurricane or a tornado?

3. Also with Christmas coming up, I thought I might be able to get the nephew a good laptop that would run flight sims really well (he loves planes as much as I do) anything I could get that won't break the bank? (600-700$ AUD)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived