API sound functions

Mark Hurst

I note there are sound functions but the only way I can see to change the volume of a sound would be to load a several files of the same sound with different volumes. Have I got this right? Is there any chance a volume parameter can be added?

(I am not familiar with the underlying Windows sound functions so I am making an assumption that there is another way to control a sound's volume.)

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

I note there are sound functions but he only way can see to change the volume of a sound would be to load a several files of the same sound with different volumes. Have I got this right? Is there any chance a volume parameter can be added?

(I am not familiar with the underlying Windows sound functions so I am making an assumption that there is another way to control a sound's volume.)

Good idea!

I quickly checked, and it seems to be possible to set the volume for a specific sound clip. I guess adding a new API function like ¨sound_set_volume(sound_id, volume)¨ could be added. We will try to add this functionality in the next iteration of Air Manager (2.1).

Please note that it might take some time before we finish Air Manager 2.1, since we are focussing on the iPad version first.

Greetings Corjan

I guess adding a new API function like ¨sound_set_volume(sound_id, volume)¨ could be added

Or maybe adding a parameter to the 'play' functions? I am thinking that if you have to call 'play' first and then set the volume, it will always start at the volume hard-coded into the WAV file. So it may not be possible, for example, to fade in a sound.

No worries with the timing, I have an iPad too ;)

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Archived