x-plane10.31 crashes to desktop

barbarotto

windows vista 64 bit- i lowered my mesh setting to average and reduced visabilty to 10 or so miles i even tried shitty planes with low polycount -all that does matter- i get a sound stutter and bam crash to desktop -load time 8-10min -less then 5 minutes flying and crashes to deskyop-10.25 flew all over and no real problems -10 crashes to desktop in 1 day=today sunday end of nov: my video drivers are up to date i lowered settings so under 100 gpu/cpu load =but in the past even with a low fram rate of 10 it didnt crash=antone now what to do?

forget spelling errors who cares as long as piont comes across

I used to have similar problems with Microsoft FSX - sound stutter and system lockup. My problem (Win 7 64) was a problem with my sound FX drivers. Check for a motherboard BIOS update for your mobo from the manufacturer.

Are you running XP 10.31 64 bit or the 32-bit version? I found that with a big VRAM card (4GB) that with 32-bit FSX you can overload the RAM limitations of 32-bit code when your card and the CPU code combined seem to run out of space.

I'm not a hardware guru, but I read that when running a big VRAM card with AAAFx4, it loads the image, expands it in the VRAM, makes its adjustments and then downsizes the image for display. If you are over complex scenery and have high framerates or multiple monitors, you can overload the VRAM on the card, even a 4GB card. With a single monitor, I've never seen more than 2GB of VRAM used even at very high settings.

problem seems to have gone away but toanswer your ? i only use the 64 bit 1 never =except when i fly the hughs500D magnum pi chopper then i have to use 32 bit

ps i sent a request to dreamfiol for them to make the hughes500 -they replied that it sounds like a good idea =time will tell

Archived