touchdown freez moment !

Tigani

When I first started landing on an aircraft carrier I had "crash to desktop on touchdown". it turned out that carrier operations required some extra sounds, which I had, but not in the right place. No idea if this is relevant to your problem :D

Steve from Mudgee

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Do a Google for fs2004 touchdown freeze. Lots of links come up which might help you.

Dijvid

When I first started landing on an aircraft carrier I had "crash to desktop on touchdown". it turned out that carrier operations required some extra sounds, which I had, but not in the right place. No idea if this is relevant to your problem :D

Steve from Mudgee

I search for it but i didnt find something

thanks .. waiting for another answers

What will happen now is that when you touchdown in an aircraft that uses that file, it won't use that file coz it's no longer there, and there will be no effect. The real solution would be to find what the problem is with using that file and fixing it. There are several intermediate steps in doing this that will give a partial solution and then a full one. But ultimately that's your choice.

Steve from Mudgee.

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Now you may probably not find this a very useful post but there most definitely is a solution to this problem. I had it many years ago but have forgotten how I resolved the matter and where I found the solution, but if my failing memory serves me correctly it had something to do with sound.

So keep hunting!!

Dijvid

Now you may probably not find this a very useful post but there most definitely is a solution to this problem. I had it many years ago but have forgotten how I resolved the matter and where I found the solution, but if my failing memory serves me correctly it had something to do with sound.

So keep hunting!!

Dijvid

Ya, what Steve from Mudgee said ..........

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A thought does come to mind all of a sudden.

When I had this problem, which as I said before was a long time ago, my PC specs were much lower than they are now. Maybe the problem is still there somewhere for me but I don't notice it now because a much more powerful PC can cope with it? I wonder what specs the OP's PC is?

Dijvid

OK, so it does work then but only for your first flight. Can you repeat this to order - i.e. exit the sim, re-boot, do the flight again and find it is alright for the first landing? If so then it seems that something is triggering the freeze for landing number 2 and onwards.

Does this happen for all aircraft you have and at other airports as well?

Also, what are your system specs?

Dijvid

Archived