windows installed FSX into two different partitons

greywolfretired

Has anyone ever heard of windows installing fsx into two different places. I had to format my HD and then I reloaded windows, got all up to date drivers etc for video and sound, reloaded FSX and accellerator, then loaded all my orbx scenery, then start installing aircraft. Was using Additpro and most went with no problem, then a couple of them appeared to disappear so went looking for them and discovered that FSX was also installed in, C \games\ microsoft flight simulator.

I had originally specified D:\fsx flight sim as a drive and folder to instal. I specified this when installing fsx . All my scenery automatically went to this directory. They both work and have everything That I installed. I really dont know why this occurred so can I uninstal or delete from the games folder on C drive or what. Computer really has a mind of its own.

Will be interesting to read comments on this one.

Are you sure FSx is instaled in two different places. FSX will install the SDK in the default location it needs to be there no matter where you install FSX. Some installation programmes need to be pointed to teh new location, having teh correct path isnt always enough. If they are not pointed to teh new FSX folder they will create a FSX folder in which to install them selves, but the main FSX files wont be there. You just need to check where the files are being pointed too when you install things.
Intel 4790k@ 4.6 1.223V Gigabyte GAZ87X-UD3H, Gigabyte GTX 680 2Gig GPU, 8 Gig Cas 11 2100 Mhz ram, Win 7 64 Bit

The thing is that the computer CANNOT do things on its own, it can only do what you command - or forget to command - it to. But it does that ruthlessly and efficiently, as it has no conscience at all.

But seriously - I suspect what you'll need to do is delete the whole shebang, and then clean out all remnants of the installation - help on this can be found searching the threads here.

And, btw, my SDK is installed in C:\FSX SDK, and it works fine outside C:\Program Files (x86).

Jorgen

...But seriously - I suspect what you'll need to do is delete the whole shebang, and then clean out all remnants of the installation - help on this can be found searching the threads here...

...They both work and have everything That I installed. ...
If it ain't broke, don't fix it...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Archived