New computer bust,now fixed question!

Hello All

A couple of months ago I bought a new PC. My new pc lasted two months before it went phuto!

This morning I got my new PC back and repaired

That is the good news!

The repair consisted of new motherboard and memory.

My question should this repair have required the wiping of my hard drive and a rein of windows 8?

I had just managed to get fs9 and all its addons running nicely ,and now faced with doing it all over again,because my drive has been wiped as part of the repair.

Cheers Andy

PS

The new install of W8 has detected 74 updates it needs to download.

This is taking forever.

It has been stuck on 5% downloaded for getting on for an hour now .I know windows update can be slow ,but this slow?

Eh up! Progress its gone to 6%

I want to get on with the long winded fs9 rein but can't until this painfully slow process is over.

Hello All

A couple of months ago I bought a new PC. My new pc lasted two months before it went phuto!

This morning I got my new PC back and repaired

That is the good news!

The repair consisted of new motherboard and memory.

My question should this repair have required the wiping of my hard drive and a rein of windows 8?

I had just managed to get fs9 and all its addons running nicely ,and now faced with doing it all over again,because my drive has been wiped as part of the repair.

Cheers Andy

PS

The new install of W8 has detected 74 updates it needs to download.

This is taking forever.

It has been stuck on 5% downloaded for getting on for an hour now .I know windows update can be slow ,but this slow?

Eh up! Progress its gone to 6%

I want to get on with the long winded fs9 rein but can't until this painfully slow process is over.

Come on boffins !

That's why i posted here.

Andy

You can cancel the update and go on with the install. But be carefull with update again when install is done with fs9. There are some of the drivers that will cause problems i think for fs9, so just cancel the download..

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4450194567.png

Asus Z170-A-1151 - intel i7-6700K@4GHz - Asus ROG NVidia GTX 1050 TI Strix 4GB - 32GB HyperX DDR4@2400 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H80i v2 Watercooling

Archived